Ademco Security System

Old 03-12-09, 09:42 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ademco Security System

Ademco - Via 30 security system. Purchased house, Do Not Have Master Code to excess system. Nothing is working now, it just says NOT READY / AC / and zone 15 & 16 are blinking back andd forth. No longer using security service, but would like to set-up for in home use only using the the total system-Alarm, sensors, chime, sirens, etc. It use to chime when doors opened but pressed * & # at the same time and the system armed itself and set off the sirens. Had the whole neighborhood coming to see what was happening. Had to un-plug everything leading to the panel including the battery back-up. How do I re-set the MASTER CODE or bypass it to make the system work??

Old 03-12-09, 10:06 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Look in the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (please read before posting)"

It has the step to properly use * + # to extract the installer code so that you can set a new Master code.

Once you have the Installer code: \

[installer code} + 8 + 2 + [new master code]

(use a smooth flow of keystrokes, hesitation of more than a second or so between keystrokes will kick you out of programming.)

Old 03-12-09, 12:07 PM
K
Ademco Security System

Hello, I did press the * & # key at the same time ONCE BEFORE and the sirens start sounding. Those two keys are position at the bottom row on the key pad. There is a line connecting the two keys, and it says panic under the line. When I pushed they before, I had to unplug it and unplug the back up battery. Is this the right way to reset this type of alarm system? If you are certain about this I will try it again, but this time I will be ready to unplug everything. Please reply..

Old 03-12-09, 04:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The step by step instructions are already in writing in the FAQ.

You have to start with both AC power off and the battery disconnected. Then you do the * + # within 50 seconds of restoring AC power.

Old 03-13-09, 07:38 PM
K
Ok, Tomorrow is the day to play with it again. Thank you for the info and if this works the drinks are on me. Thanks Again..Bob

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: