DSC PC1555 AC failure trouble #2

Old 03-15-09, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1555 AC failure trouble #2

Hi guys,

I was hoping to seek your expert advice on a trouble light code 2 indicating AC power failure please. The trouble light is intermittent, it will briefly disappear for a few seconds and come back, in a cycle. But the system arms and works absolutely fine, but this trouble code won't go away. This is what I did so far in trying to diagnose it:

1) Replaced the battery, no change.
2) Measured AC input on board, reads 18V most times, then drops to 15.7V for a few seconds and cycles back to 18V, at regular interval... very strange!
3) Measured battery voltage, reads 12.40 or so, peaks at 12.48 briefly and drops back, in a cycle.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-09, 03:06 PM
check your wiring at both ends. you could have a loose wire at the transformer. battery voltage should be above 13 volts. check to make sure there are no shortages anywhere in your wiring. have you done any renos lately or anything like that?

Old 03-15-09, 04:35 PM
Wiring is fine, no renos lately thank god. What's troubling me is that the AC input voltage on the board isn't zero, but cycles between 18 volts and 15.7v in brief intervals. Can anyone confirm what their AC input voltage is please? On top of that battery voltage is nowhere close to 13v, but the system doesn't report a low battery.

Regards,
Will.

Old 03-23-09, 11:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
This could easily be a issue with your actual source power. A worn outlet or failing circuit breaker can make the power fluctuate like that.

Old 04-21-09, 07:34 PM
PC1555 and Trouble LED

I have a PC1555 and DSC Keypad. I have the 'trouble' LED on and I thought it was a bad battery. Anyways, I replaced it and the Trouble LED is still on. How do I check to see what the problem is and clear this? The old battery was bad. It was below 10V. The new one was 13V.

Old 04-22-09, 07:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Press *2 and refer to the trouble code list in the manual:

http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

Also, remember that the battery test is done once a day. It often takes 12 to 24 hours for the new battery to be registered.