DSC 1832 - door sensor 'Open' error ??

Old 03-24-09, 11:20 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 1832 - door sensor 'Open' error ??

I have the DSC 1832 alarm system and have got it working correctly now except 1 zone.

The zone is a single door that has the thumb tac looking sensor. That zone shows 'open' even when the door is closed. In fact, it shows open even if I take the sensor out of the door and put it directly on the sensor contact.

It appears to be the same type of sensor I have on 2 other doors but those work fine.

Any idea how I can find out if the sensor is a problem or if there is a wire issue someplace? (i'm reusing old brinks-installed sensors)

Old 03-24-09, 09:04 PM
are you using the EOL resistors?

if so- check at the panel with an extra to seee if the zone closes.

if not, check at the panel with a piece of wire to see if the zone closes.

whatever works at the panel- move to the door, use a resistor, or short the wires and see if anything happens.

if nothing, wire has been damaged somewhere. did the old brinks system use EOL ?

Old 03-25-09, 04:20 PM
J
My system is currently programmed to "Normally Closed Loop" and "Single End-Of-Line Resistors." This works with all the other sensors, including 2 other doors that appear to have the same type of sensor.

I do not currently have any extra sensors. How would I go about testing ? Do I short the Zone wire and the "Common" wire?

Old 03-25-09, 06:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 117 Posts
Yes, short zone to common. If the zone closes, then the problem is with your field wiring. If it doesn't, you have a programming error.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: