Programming my DSC PC1555, adding sensors

Old 04-23-09, 10:04 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Programming my DSC PC1555, adding sensors

I have a DSC Classic PC1555 alarm system that was in my home whe I purchased it. I recently had a technician come out and reprogram the master code and access codes so that we can use it. I do not have it monitored and would simply like the alarm to trigger and for it to call me and my wife on our cell phones to let us know that the alarm has gone off. The system was installed when the home was built in 1999 and has the dialer hooked into a phone line which works when you hook a phone up to it.

My question is two fold. When the alarm triggers it doesn't seem to attempt any dialing out to any numbers? I have programmed our phone numbers into the keypad per installers instruction manual but still nothing. In the programming mode I'll dial in [301]*5* to wait 2 seconds for dial tone then my number and *6* to show that the number is complete.
There is a section in the manual (sections [310] and [311]) that asks for a communicator account number??? I don't have this. Do I need it to make the communicator work?

Second of all if the factory communicator won't perform this function will the DL-125C voice dialer perform this function if I purchase and install it??

Another topic is if I want to install some additional motion and door sensors to the system will the RF5132-433 - DSC Wireless Interface Module work with my system and wire into my control box or keypad zones?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I've exhausted all resources trying to get this thing to call me.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-09, 04:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Did you set the dialer format to "pager"?

Did you put a report code in all of the locations for the things you want the dialer to activate for? (any two digit number will work for this purpose, it's just to activate the action)

Did you program 2 HEX Es at the end of the phone number?

Old 04-23-09, 06:40 PM
I

I have set the hex "E"s at the end of the number and have the wait two second hex set at the beginning of the number.

I haven't found how to set the dialer to pager format in the user manual or the installer's manual. It is mentioned in both manuals but neither mentions how to enable/disable the pager format.

As far as the what to activate the dialer for I'm unsure in what section to do that in either. I was under the impression that when the alarm went off it automatically dialed out to the central station or whatever number was programmed in it to call.

I've only been in the home for four months and just had the system reprogrammed a couple of weeks ago. So I am just learning how it operates by reading the manuals that I've downloaded. I'm able to figure everything out except the autodialer feature. Just happens to be the feature I want to work.

Old 04-24-09, 04:11 AM
i dont think there is paging feature on the classic panels

ALL zones will need a 2 digit "reporting code" ( this is what is sent to a monitoring company so they know what zone is in alarm ) if you have a pager, this number will show up on the display. the last number of the account code- should be a HEX "B" that will give a "-" between account code & zone #

you will need a 4 digit account code- any number

and a phone number programmed

also turn on communications

and call direction

if it does not have paging feature- you could use any format- but it will show a FTC trouble on the panel

Last edited by LOCKtec; 04-24-09 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-24-09, 05:35 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The PC1555 was one of the first panels they put pager on as a normal feature. It's format 05 in programming location 360.

Old 04-25-09, 03:54 AM
I
Wireless sensors

I managed to get the panel to call my cell once, then it called a second wrong number so I fixed the numbers to dial to all the same and now I can't get it to call my cell again... UGH!!! I'll figure that one out again since now I know that it works.

As for adding the wireless sensors, what needs to be done to do that? I have available zones to hook a wireless receiver up to. But is there any special programming that needs to be done in order for me to use a receiver with three or four wireless sensors?

Old 04-25-09, 07:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You install the receiver, enroll the transmitters to a zone number, enable the wireless attribute in the 1xx programming location (xx being the zone number), and set the zone type.

All of this is in the installation instructions for the PC1555 and the wireless receiver.