Ademco Panel Key

Old 05-01-09, 08:07 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Panel Key

I have a Ademco home alarm that needs the battery replaced in the control box but it has a lock on it. I know I could drill out the lock but it would be easier if I had a key. Is there a standard key? When I got the home an alarm tech came out and set it up to work un-monitered but it was kinda pricey, so I would rather change the battery myself to save a service call. Any help would be appreciated. Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-09, 08:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Look on top of the system can, often the key is simply wedged under the lip of the door. Otherwise, if you know someone that has an ademco system, the same key opens nearly all of them.

Old 05-02-09, 02:31 AM
if you know anyone with a motorhome / camper - see if they have the very common CH-751 key.

its the same most of the time for these (ademco)

Old 05-03-09, 06:05 PM
T
key

it is a 1393 key and tech's usually have a dime a dozen. most companies will send one.

Old 05-09-09, 02:17 PM
M
Tried the CH-751 key first it didn't work. Found a neighbor who had the ademco 1393 key which did work. The was a spare 1393 key locked in the box. Thanks for the replies.

Old 05-09-09, 02:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The odds are that it was originally tucked on top and slipped inside. I've found lots of them that way.

Old 05-09-09, 09:28 PM
M
I'd give you odds but you would be wrong. You couldn't force that key inside the box without a screwdriver prying the top outside corner of the box and leaving some damage. And it was on the bottom of the can underneath a coiled telephone wire that it would be on top of if it fell. Besides no one has been near the panel since the alarm tech left it 2 years ago. It seems some techs have problems with owners having access to their panels.

Customer Access To Security panels.

I am not saying that some of the time that is not justified but I just changed my battery for $10 instead of $110 and I am happy with that.

Old 05-10-09, 08:44 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It's all good. _My_ preference is to use a bit of painter's tape to keep the key on top of the can.

As far as I'm concerned, when you buy the hardware, the key comes with it.

Old 05-10-09, 06:17 PM
T
key

When i was a tech ihad extra keys to hand out to residentil owners so they could help me troubleshoot the problem over the phone. You can walk or talk.Beer 4U2