DSC PC1555 - minimal testing requirements

Old 05-06-09, 09:32 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1555 - minimal testing requirements

I have a secondhand DSC PC1555 that I want to use to replace an old ADT panel in my house. I don't want to rip out or replace the ADT panel until I know that I can program the PC1555. The PC1555 arrived with no codes, so I think I'll be searching for default installer codes or going through the defaulting process in the FAQ.

I have the PC1555, power supply, LCD keypad, and a couple of sensors (door switch, motion, smoke detector) on my workbench. My only battery is currently in use on my ADT panel. My questions are:
1. In order to test the panel and ensure I can find the installer code, what do I need to connect? Clearly I need power and the LCD keypad, but do I need any sensors on the zones or do I need a battery or a telephone connection?
2. Assuming I can get or reset the installer code, will the following approach be appropriate: program panel (zones, delays, calling number, etc), remove ADT panel from service, install the DSC in the ADT's place, wire DSC to existing (compatible) sensors. If that's not the order you'd use, what order or steps would you use?

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-09, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
#1 yes you need a battery

no switches required- if its set for N/C contacts you could jumper the zones out with a wire- if it is set for EOL resistors- then you need to change the program and use wires, or install resistors at panel

you will need to hook up a battery-
battery - 1st, then the 1640 transfomer

phone line, you may see a trouble, if they have that option enabled- either change it- or hook up to the telephone service- the only thing- if you have it hooked up- it may dial out if it was monitored before- so i would shut off communications. if this was from an up-grade, they may use the same account code as well as zone ID's from the old panel in a new, causing the former owner police or trouble codes sent.

#2 sounds good-

no correct way

the only trouble you may have is if the ADT system is using a dif value of EOL resistors, and they installed them in or at the door switches or PIR's