NOVICE! Need Alarm/Security System for Business!

Old 05-07-09, 11:06 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question NOVICE! Need Alarm/Security System for Business!

I'm opening an antique store in June on the coast and want an alarm system linked to a DVR/camera system I can monitor from home. The building is 40' x 80' rectangle with a front door and side door. I have a 50's air raid siren I'm mounting in the attic crawl space, pointing out a 14" square vent, which is plugged into an electrical receptacle. I'm a long way from knowing precisely what to purchase or include but my research to date says-Interior- have each door hardwired, motion detecters(2) in opposite corners of store, strobelight on far wall directly opposite front door, keypad on wall near side door, two smoke alarms, interior siren,all hardwired. In addition, I'd like exterior cameras(4?) on each building corner so I can monitior while at work w/o recording.When I'm away I'd like same except to record when motion/breakin detected. Require need to monitor at home. Would like everything to go off for 2-3 minutes if trouble detected as well as being telephoned. Do not desire professional monitoring . Location is ocean front spot in tiny coastal town. Few commercial buildings. I'm being assualted by local alarm people and feel certain to be ripped off by any of them unless I understand this and make rational decisions myself. Greatly appreciate any assistance. (Please, per forum policy; no email addresses in open forum posts; it attracts spam-bots)Thanks to all!!

Last edited by MrRonFL; 05-07-09 at 11:13 AM. Reason: removal of email address
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-09, 11:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Pretty much any current generation security DVR will do what you want. They have network connections, remote viewing software, and have input points to integrate with security systems (no, there's no all in one solution to do what you want; you have to integrate components).

Try this site: Video Surveillance Cameras & CCTV Video Security Camera Systems

They have a lot of good end user education info available for CCTV products.