PC1555RKZ Help - System Light Beeping!

Old 05-17-09, 10:02 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PC1555RKZ Help - System Light Beeping!

Hello:

I have a PC1555RKZ with the system light beeping throughout the day - it just randomly will beep about 7 different times (for like 1 minute each time) throughout the day.

When the system light comes on, I pressed *2 and got nothing - but when I hit 2 after I hit *2, the "zone 1" light came on. The Ranger American website says this is low battery back-up, but my service manual states it is "service required."

Also, some basic questions - can I try just powering down (take battery off line and unplug main power source) and restarting?

If I do that, will I have to re-set everything? Like the date?

Also, if I need a new battery, are there any recommendations? I am sure Radio Schack will have one.

I have none of the codes (master, installation, etc).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-09, 04:39 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 90 Votes on 84 Posts
Sounds like you need a copy of the installer manual; the user manual trouble chart is truncated.

http://www.sdilink.com/pdf/DSCInstal...%20Install.pdf

You don't need to power down, you just need a replacement battery. Some RS locations still stock these batteries, some of the better stocked home centers stock them because the same battery is used in emergency flood lights, gate operators, and things of that nature.

No you don't have to get the identical battery, a slightly larger Ah rating is fine. The new battery might take up to 12 hours for the system to clear the trouble, as the system only does the battery test once a day.