ademco for private use (no Monitoring service)

Old 05-19-09, 10:20 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile ademco for private use (no Monitoring service)

Hi All.

My name brian, just joined tonight, I just moved into a house i bought, and it currently has ademco lynxr-1 and the 7845gsm setup totally wireless,, i've managed to arm and disarm system at will all the zone and transmitters seem to work fine. Problem i got is being on disability i can't afford 35.95 a month plus (2year contract adt wants to charge, can use the full features of the system all but dialer have extra loud siren to go off if i have breakin while away,,, logic being the siren so loud the neighbors call the police for me (probably faster then the central station would lol) just ext. siren and flood lights all i need.. from what i read the 7845gsm needs to be registered an all,,thats another bill i don't need so i guess it's a paperweight now,,, i just need to use alarm functions to sound an alarm and light up yard that's it,,,,no external communication needed. Beer 4U2

thankz in advance Brian
Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-09, 01:58 PM
Hi Brian, I have read your post a few times and I am having trouble understanding what you are needing help with. Do you already have an exterior siren? Are you wanting the lights to flash when the alarm goes off? Be specific so we can help.

Old 05-20-09, 02:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also, have you looked into other monitoring companies? I, in my opinion, would never pay $30+/month for service. I pay $115ish a YEAR for my monitoring. They have been very good for me.

Here's the company I use, give them a call. I basically get this monitoring service for free if you count the discount I get off my home owners insurance.

Watchlight Corp.
Watchlight Corporation
111 South Marshall El Cajon, CA 92020 800-698-1160

Old 05-20-09, 03:21 PM
E
Watchlight or Alarm Relay?

Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
Also, have you looked into other monitoring companies? I, in my opinion, would never pay $30+/month for service. I pay $115ish a YEAR for my monitoring. They have been very good for me.

Here's the company I use, give them a call. I basically get this monitoring service for free if you count the discount I get off my home owners insurance.

Watchlight Corp.
Watchlight Corporation
111 South Marshall El Cajon, CA 92020 800-698-1160
I looked at your link and wanted to compare it to the company Alarm Relay. They both have the same address? So if watchlight is good can I assume the same about Alarm Relay

Old 05-20-09, 06:03 PM
A
siren and lights

Ive seen wireless sirens ademco sells go with panel i got, figure always, figured if i can get it send a signal as output i could hook anything up to be activated by the outward bound signal,,,, Your right 115/year i could surely swing that,,, not sure there in st louis area,,, your also right the savings 15% acording my insurance policy... Have check into this further. thanks man

Old 05-20-09, 06:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Alarm Relay is Watchlight.

I'm in Oklahoma, but the monitoring center is in Texas I believe. It doesn't really matter anyways, your panel calls a 800 #.

Old 05-20-09, 07:11 PM
A
Good deal

Annual in Advance Alarm
Monitoring Service: $8.95/month

Our pricing model is designed to save consumers 50-300% off
the current rates offered by our competition. In order for us to provide this savings we bill the entire year in advance. There is
a one-time set-up fee of $35.00 to connect you to our UL listed central monitoring station.

Alarm relay inc.

Old 05-20-09, 07:12 PM
E
Alarm Relays web site says they have been around a while also. I just don't know much about them. I did speak with a lady that I thought was in southern Ca that emailed me some info.
AlarmRelay

Last edited by edst789; 05-20-09 at 07:30 PM.