DSC PC1616 with LCD Panel

Old 05-24-09, 11:19 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1616 with LCD Panel

I have a DSC PC1616 Alarm System with the LCD keypad. I recently built a work shed in my back yard and have wire ran from my Alarm Control Box to my building. I am wanting to add a Motion Sensor to my building and have purchased the DSC Motion sensor just like I have in my house. I need to know how to program it in the next open zone which is zone 5 and make it an Instant alarm whether the system is armed for Home or Away. I have the Installation guide, but it is really confusing to me. I contacted ADT who came out and activated my system and they didn't want to give me any information over the phone because they said if I missed a sequence in the programming steps it could mess the whole thing up. They want over $100 to come and add this one device.

Can someone tell me how to add this motion sensor to my Zone 5 and then the programming sequence I would do to make it active on my alarm?

I then believe I will need to call the ADT monitoring center and have them identify Zone 5 as my Work shed.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-09, 02:16 PM
do you have the installers code ???

Old 05-24-09, 04:51 PM
S
Installers Code

I tried all that I thought it was, but none of them worked. I am going to call my rep. on Tuesday and get the code since he should have reset it to a code and provided it to me. Once I get the code, will you be able to provide me with the steps on how to activate my next open zone and make it active immediately should the motion sensor be tripped regardless if it is in Home or Away mode?

Old 05-24-09, 09:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
List out your existing zones, and what type they are, and we can give you the right keystrokes to add this zone.

Old 05-25-09, 09:34 AM
S
Zone Information

1 Door Entry From Garage (Door Sensor has delay.... this is the door we come in and clear the alarm)
2 Front Door (Door Sensor has delay)
3 Back Door (Door Sensor No Delay, sets alarm off immediately when in stay or away mode
4 motion sensor (not activated in Stay mode, instant on away mode)

I would like to add zone 5 for a motion sensor with instant tripping alarm in both stay and away mode [no delay]

I will be adding two more motion sensors on my last zone, zone 6. I will want them to be instant on away mode only.

I have the installers guide so once I get the idea of how to add zones and program how they react to the triggering (instant or delayed) i should be good to go.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 05-25-09, 10:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
First, you need an installer manual:

http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/P...ion_Manual.pdf

Read especially section 3, starting on page 8, which explains the programming inteface.

The exact keystrokes you need:

*8 installer code
001 01 01 03 05 04
# until you exit programming.

To add zone 6 later, do the same thing adding another 04 at the end of the sequence. Look on page 10 for the for the zone type codes and what they mean.

(yes, there is a way to advance directly to the location you are trying to change, but until you get the hang of the programming syntax, this is safer)

Think carefully if you want to try to put multiple motions on the same zone. Motions are your most likely source of false alarms, and it is very difficult to diagnose _which_ one is your problem if you have multiple ones one the same circuit.

Old 05-28-09, 04:32 PM
S
Additional Programming Questions

Ok, here is what I am needing to know. I would like to get number and code sequence for the following:

Zone 1: Garage Entry Door Next to keypad (door Sensor, Normally Closed circuit)
Stay & Away Mode -
- Entry Delay (30 Seconds)
- Exit Delay (30 Seconds)

Zone 2: Front Door (door Sensor, Normally Closed circuit)
Stay Mode - Instant Alarm
Away Mode -
- Entry Delay (30 Seconds)
- Exit Delay (30 Seconds)

Zone 3: Back Door (door Sensor, Normally Closed circuit)
- Instant Alarm in both Stay and Away Mode

Zone 4: Motion Sensor (Normally Closed Circuit)
Away Mode - Instant Alarm
Stay Mode - Not Activated

Zone 5: Motion Sensor (Normally Closed Circuit)
Stay Mode - Instant Alarm

Zone 6: Motion Sensor (Normally Closed Circuit)
Stay Mode - Not Activated

I have one Siren & one key pad

I know this is a lot to look at, but the program manual is pretty confusing. I know if I don't get the programming correct it can cause problems. I am trying to avoid the $150 service call to have someone come out and do the programming from ADT.

Old 05-28-09, 05:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The settings you were given will do that. Zone type 04 is interior; zone type 05 is interior stay/away.

The entry/exit delay is a global setting that is set in programming location 005.

That would be: 005 01 030 030 030 (are we starting to see the pattern in the programming input structure?)

You don't get the option of a specific zone being both entry/exit _and_ instant. If you want instant, you can use a user command to disable the entry delay for _all_ delay zones when you arm.

The system has about 30 zone types with fairly clear descriptions of what they do. The system has a fair degree of flexibility, but it "yam what it yam".

Old 05-28-09, 06:13 PM
S
thank you very much.... I will try and fill out the programming guide so that i have all the numbers to program at once without having to fumble around.

I will give it a shot and see what happens.