Radionics Omegalarm D6112

Old 05-25-09, 12:39 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Radionics Omegalarm D6112

I have a Radionics Omegalarm D6112 system in my home. It's about twenty years old, so I know it's outdated, but for the most part it works fine and we use it every day. Recently I completely removed a window in a shower and replaced it with glass block so I've now abandoned the need to be hooked up to the security system. The problem is the system is showing a default because there's no pick up and we can't set the system without "forcing" an override each time. Is there a simple way to eliminate this one window from the system.....even if it's a way to fool the system? I also don't think I have any sort of access code. The system is not monitored and I don't have a security company I've dealt with, and I hate to call "the guy" regardless.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-09, 02:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Depending on how your windows were wired, it's either easy, or you will have to cut a hole back in your nice new drywall.

If all of the window wiring was homerun back to the control location, all you have to do is identify the pair from that window, and remove it from the assembled zone wiring.

If it was done "old school" with the wiring jumping from window to window, you need to find the wires you disconnected from the original contact, twist them together, and put a crimp connector on them and tuck them back into the wall void for good.

If you were really lucky and the window was on a zone by itself, all you have to do is take the wires off and close the zone input with a zone resistor.

Old 05-28-09, 07:00 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
are the contacts home run to panel? remember example zn 1 may not be loop a etc. Do you have a basement or attic? the wiring might be right under or over the old window area.