changed master code can't disarm

Old 05-25-09, 01:58 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
changed master code can't disarm

hi,i have an issue i hope you can help me with,i have a focus 32 adt system (no longer monitored) and i tried to change the master code and now neither code will work and the system is armed.i unplugged the unit and disconnected the battery until i can figure this out.i have no idea about the installer code,i have a mass#,whatever that is,and every other code for motion,smoke,entry,etc..
my manual says it's a focus 32,the keypad is a kp5501z and one piece of paper left by the installer years ago says dsc power 832(pc-5010)

i tried many variations of the new code i was trying to use as well as the default 1234 and everything stays armed.
how can i reset or recall the master code????

hope this info helps you possibly help me???

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-09, 02:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
If you weren't _armed_ this wouldn't be too tough, but with the system armed, you cannot use the installer code to go into programming and change the master code.

The installer code is most likely the one commonly used by ADT, but it _will_not_ disarm the system.

Sadly, your only two choices are to have an ADT tech use their version of the direct connect software (the standard DSC software will not work on these modified panels), or to attempt to default the system and start from scratch.

The last option left after that is to replace the motherboard.

Old 05-25-09, 03:20 PM
B
that's not cool.lol.
so how would one "attempt to default the system",or is this an issue not to be tampered with by a novice?
by "ADT tech",are you referring to the installation company or adt themselves?
sounds like this is gonna cost me.

thanks for the fast response.

Old 05-25-09, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I believe there are defaulting instruction in the FAQ's.

I'm pretty sure Ron meant ADT themselves, since their software can be pretty proprietary.

Old 05-25-09, 08:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, since it's a "Focus 32", ADT paid DSC to build a custom version of the software for this system. If the installing company put this thing in under ADT license, then they probably have the ADT version of the download software.

Old 05-26-09, 04:02 AM
B
so would the best solution be to try to default it or see if the installers can repair it?
i'm assuming that if i try to reset it EVERYTHING would need to be re programed,as it were,for each sensor etc...?
i'm also assuming that even without any source power for an extended period would do nothing either?

Old 05-26-09, 04:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, all of the zone programming and generic programming settings would return to the factory default settings.

The first important test is to power up and listen at the motherboard. If you hear about 10 rapid clicks from the phone relay on the MB, all you can do is either replace the board, or have the installer service it.

The system will power back up exactly as is, if you leave it off til doomsday. It's not volatile memory.