Wiring a PGM on a Self-Contained DSC SCW9047

Old 05-27-09, 04:14 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring a PGM on a Self-Contained DSC SCW9047

Hi there,

Looking for some basic PGM advice. I want my alarm system to control my garage door.

Would I just need to wire the PGM and the ground directly to the garage door motor input?

Is this correct? I don't want to short anything....

If you can help, this would be great!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-09, 05:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
The PGM (for most uses) is a switched grounding point. To do what you want, you use the PGM to control an external relay.

The connection to the garage door opener generally needs a "dry contact", so you need to isolate that switching action from the 12vdc provided by the alarm system.

Old 05-27-09, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you will want to use a relay- and make sure it has very little COIL current draw

you will connect this to the 2 wires that go to the opener from the wall station that is there now- if none, connect to the back side of the motor where the wall mounted push button should be connected

you then need to set the time to be short, maybe 2 seconds ( section 170 )

you can also set it that you press *71 then a valid code, or *72 only (no code required)

section 501 / 502 (PGM output attributes)

we have installed alot of these systems- using one of the PGM's as a o/head door opener, the other to drive a relay for an external siren.

There is a NEW wireless system that DSC has coming out- has a wireless, battery operated outside siren, with a strobe light, as well as wireless 2-way key fobs & keypads.

uses the current devices plus a host of new stuff.

Used a lot of the old envoy & now the newer 9047 panels - but still fall back to the 1832 or older 5010 panels