No codes or manual DSC pro series keypad

Old 05-31-09, 08:43 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No codes or manual DSC pro series keypad

My wife and I recently purchased a new home. Shortly after moving in, we realized that the previous owner had not given us an access code for the alarm system. We have 2 keypads and 36 zones including all our doors, windows and glass break sensors and i think the smoke detectors too. The kepads say DSC Pro Series on the front. I don't see a model # at all. So what I really need is either an installer's code or any other advice on how to obtain the present acces code. Thanks to all for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-09, 04:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Find the metal box with the battery, and 90% of the time, there will be a wiring diagram with the model number. Failing that, on a DSC the part number on the main IC chip on the motherboard (not the one on the keypad) is the model number.

Unless the system was left at the factory default installer code, the odds are that the only way you will be able to gain control of this system is to default the thing, which means reprogramming everything from scratch. And that's only if the installer lockout feature wasn't set.

Old 06-02-09, 07:19 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The wiring diagram says it's a PC5010. I tried *8 5010 but that seems to be wrong. I just don't have the time to do a reset and then re-program. We own 2 business' and i'm too damn busy. Any idea what it would cost to have a company come out and re-program the system? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-02-09, 07:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Typically, these days, a service call to do a clear and reset (bearing in mind that if the installer lockout is set, all you can do is replace the motherboard) is going to be around 90-120 dollars.

You can check for installer lockout by powering down and listening at the mother board when power is restored. About 10 clicks from the telephone relay means that either the original installer resets the system, or you replace the MB.