Need to add Keyfob to DSC 1555

Old 06-08-09, 04:51 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need to add Keyfob to DSC 1555

Hi

I had two keyfobs on my DSC 1555 system (until I disconnected the power source by mistake).

I need to add them again and need the codes I need to enter on my keypad to enrol etc them again.

I have the installers code (5555). If you can assist, please let me know. My manual don't really say anything about this.

Thanks

Old 06-08-09, 02:23 PM
T
are these dsc keyfobs? what do you have for a wireless receiver? not sure why you would lose this information and your codes just by a power outage. usually takes a resetting back to default for this to happen. if you want to enter your codes again, you will need the master code, not installer code for this.

Old 06-08-09, 02:31 PM
agree= you shouldnt have lost any SERIAL numbers via power loss.

DIS-agree= you program the SERIAL numbers in using the INSTALLERs code

2nd- you will need the SERIAL number of the fob's to set them up to work- if the label on the back is missing there is one inside each fob as well.

* i doubt ANYTHING was lost due to any "mistake of disconnecting power source" how long was it before this "mistake" was noticed??

it would have ran on battery for some time, as well as notify a C/S of power loss and/or low battery if monitored, and locally by a keypad signal & trouble.

The reason such codes are required is so someone cant just walk up & add a key fob to ANYONE'S system.

Old 06-08-09, 03:21 PM
T
Originally Posted by LOCKtec
agree= you shouldnt have lost any SERIAL numbers via power loss.

DIS-agree= you program the SERIAL numbers in using the INSTALLERs code
what i meant was user codes need master, not the fob serial numbers. my bad for not explaining well enough. he had mentioned codes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: