Replacing vista keypad on ademco 4140xmp

Old 06-16-09, 02:33 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing vista keypad on ademco 4140xmp

Hello

I have looked around the forums but still am a bit confused so I hope I can get a little help. I have been tasked with replacing a failing vista (4137) keypad on a Ademco 4140 xmp alarm. My understanding is that if I replace the keypad with a newer but obviously compatible vista keypad it is a matter of simply swapping out the keypad. But from other threads on the forum it seems I have to make sure that I purchase a keypad that has all the right features in order to still be able to program the unit. So my question is which keypad do I get?

We also have to replace door sensors which I assume is a simple matter of swaping the old for new ones. (Please Let me know if I am mistaken)

On the main board I found the numbers SA4142 and W2315 I did not know if those numbers would be useful in getting any info.

One last thing is it better to replace the keypad and sensors or just buy a whole new setup? Some of the keypads seem to be as expensive as a whole kit. I have seen the ademco 20P for as little as 169 on Ebay. Mind you I am not sure if it is a good system I simply use it as a guide since what we have at this time is also an Ademco system.

I certainly would appreciate any help on this matter.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ed

Last edited by devildog101; 06-16-09 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-16-09, 07:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
Honeywell lists the current generation 6160 and 6150 keypads and their variants as compatible with the 4140xmp.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: