Programming current alarm system to call my cell phone.

Old 07-01-09, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Programming current alarm system to call my cell phone.

Hi!

I have a DSC PC 1616 Home alarm system and I'd like to program it to call my cell phone if and when activated. Can anyone help with this task? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-09, 08:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Do you have the following:
Installer Code?
Installer Manual?
Working Landline?

Old 07-02-09, 02:45 AM
We recently purchased the home. I don't have the installer code, I have located the installer manual for our system on-line and I do have a working land line.

Old 07-02-09, 03:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I was afraid of that. If the installer code has been changed from the factory default of 5555 (most likely), then the only way to gain control of the system is to use the hardware default, and only that if the installer lockout was not set.

Try keying *8 5555 if it beeps and goes into program mode, then you got lucky and we can move on from there. Just press # until it goes back into run mode and let us know.

Find the section of the manual titled "How to program", that first couple of pages is where the programming interface is explained.

Old 07-03-09, 03:10 PM
Hey, the code *8 5555 seems to work. When I enter the code, the pad lock is displayed and the symbol of the hand/finger on the keypad lights up. If important, the keypad model number is PK5508.

Old 07-03-09, 04:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Excellent! A lucky break for once...

This may be fairly easy, or it can be a little tedious, depending on whether the original setup was monitored.

We'll try easy first:

*8 [installer code]
301 xxxxxxxxxx*5* # (x being digits for the phone number)
310 1234 # (it's just a fake account number, pick any four digits you like)
350 06 03
# until you are out of programming.

If the system has been monitored before, that should do the trick. These settings set the panel to use the "Residential Dial" feature.

The panel will call, you will hear a tone, then you press pretty much any key on the phone to acknowlege, and you will hear an alarm tone.

Try this manual it's a bit more detailed: http://www.securitysystemhelp.com/Se...nce-manual.pdf

Old 07-06-09, 07:31 AM
Hi!

Finally back ...

I tried the easy way ... punched the numbers and codes in exactly as indicated but unfortunatly it didn't work. The codes and numbers seem to be registering when punched in. The system is testing ok but no ringy dingy to my cell? Is there another option? Thanks again.

Neil

Old 07-06-09, 04:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm guessing that this thing was never monitored before (which would make sense, since you didn't mention that it was having any failure to communicate troubles displayed. In that case, you need to put report codes in the locations for all of the things that you want to make the unit pick up the phone and dial out.

For example, you need to put codes in for all of the zone report codes (look at programming location 320). It doesn't matter what 2 digit code you put in each slot, it's just to to activate the dialer.

Read through some of the other threads that discuss PC 1555, PC 5010, etc. They all use the same basic programming structure, with some minor differences from model to model.