Ranger American - DSC - Master Code Issue

Old 07-12-09, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Ranger American - DSC - Master Code Issue

I purchased my house Jan 08 from Fox & Jacobs, they came out, showed me how to use it and that's it. It was Ranger American at the time. Never had the monitoring. I would like to just use it, so it makes the sounds if someone breaks in. I swore I changed the master code, but I have done extensive brain storming to try to remember what I changed it to. I may not have, but I'm sure I changed the default one. Or I may have added another one, which I think you can do that? At least I wrote the directions down for that.

How do I go about finding which DSC system I have, so you guys can help me? There are NO numbers on the keypad.

What is the default master code? 5555, 1234, 0000 didn't work.

Once you know which DSC system I have, can you tell me how to reset the master code if I can't come up with what I changed it to?

It must be changed to 4 digits right, I couldn't change it to a smaller number right?

Lastly, disconnecting the power & backup battery doesn't reset the master code right?

Thank you so much!!!

Curtis

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-09, 05:16 AM
Model Number - Find and open the main alarm box. Tan metal cabinet somewhere in your house (closet, basement..). Check diagram on inside door cover.

Default master is 1234. Can be 4 or 6 digits only and cannot be reset by powering down.

Depends if Installer lockout has been enabled.

Old 07-13-09, 05:34 AM
if you knew the installer code you could go to section 007 and change the master code. maybe your alarm company will come and put your own installer code in it. you could also try 5010 for the default master code. the default installer code maybe 5555.

Old 07-13-09, 08:14 AM
Could I have changed it to a smaller number than 4 digits? If so, what do I push after entering the numbers, as # will reset my input.

I don't have the panel anymore. Because of where my shelves were, I took it off and threw it away. I do not remember there being a diagram on it though or I would have kept it.

I look at all of DSC manuals and based on on the look of the keypad, I have the PC 1808 or one of these: PK5500/PK5501/RFK5500/RFK5501

Old 07-13-09, 08:20 AM
I also read that you can short it out by touchting two of the wires together when powering it back up and it will reset everything to the mfg defaults? If so, which ones do I do and what would be master code after the reset?

Old 07-13-09, 08:37 AM
power the unit down. put a wire between zone 1 and pgm 1. power up the unit and remove the wire. it should be back to default settings.

Old 07-13-09, 08:55 AM
Caution

Before defaulting the panel. Power down (AC and Battery). Connect Battery then AC. IF you hear 10 quick clicks from the relay, Defaulting the panel WILL NOT default the installer code. So you will have a defaulted panel that you cannot program.

Old 07-13-09, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by AllTrack View Post
Before defaulting the panel. Power down (AC and Battery). Connect Battery then AC. IF you hear 10 quick clicks from the relay, Defaulting the panel WILL NOT default the installer code. So you will have a defaulted panel that you cannot program.
Yes, it does this. However, to test it, I armed the system, which is when I found out I didn't know it like I thought I did. So it goes back to its armed state. Not sure if this would affect my system to make those clicking noises? If no, are you saying DO NOT do this as it will mess it up?

Old 07-13-09, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all of your help. I was about to give up. After guessing over 60 codes, I finally found it!!! I'm writing it down this time...

Old 07-13-09, 12:13 PM
10 Clicks

If you heard the 10 clicks the installer lockout feature is enabled. Defaulting the panel will default everything "EXCEPT" the installer code so just use it as is.