How can I monitor my own NX-8?

Old 07-14-09, 12:00 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How can I monitor my own NX-8?

Hi Guys! I am no longer monitored. Negotiated getting all codes set to default and entered my own. We realized after programming the panel to call a cell, that we hit a brick wall! We did change the "communicator format" to 4 -pager at Location 2, but realized that no matter what button we pushed (or yelled, whistled, sang into the phone), we could not produce the elusive "kissoff" tone that would tell the panel it should communicate with our phone. We would be very happy with DTMF event codes that would show up as a text message. Do we need to go to Location 18? If so, what would work? Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-09, 04:22 PM
A
Cell Phone is not a Pager.

It's probably not calling your cell cause you don't have an account number programmed or reporting codes.

You might be able to get it to work, if after programming your cell phone number you insert six 13's (4 second pauses) (maybe more). Press 5 to page you phone then another pause followed by an "A". You still need to program an account number (Make one up) and have reporting codes for your zones. You reporting format should be custom (15) and make location 18 a 41.
So....when the alarm goes off and your caller ID indicates your house, DONT answer. there will be 24 seconds to listen to your cell phone message (you may need more) the alarm will press 5 to page then it will send the account with a code.

Your kind of making a macro. Problem is you only have 20 spaces to work with.

Old 07-14-09, 06:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
You have to actually program an an "account" code in location 1. Also, the first digit of the phone number programming needs to be a 15 to turn on DTMF dialing. Unless your phone actually does a true pager emulation, all you will get is the phone number showing up.

Old 07-14-09, 08:20 PM
S
Doesn't hurt to try. Thanks!