Need Suggestions on Partition Programming / Keypad *stay* options

Old 07-23-09, 08:22 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need Suggestions on Partition Programming / Keypad *stay* options

Right now I have everything *all wireless sensor setup* on partition 1 on a concord 4 setup. Works great. Keyfobs, etc.

Our basement windows have steel bars on them. I do have sensors on these windows.

However, for ease of use, help me out here. I'm not sure what's the best way to reprogram this.
For day2day, like during the day when the wife runs out on errands or even at night, we tend to leave the basement windows open for air circulation. More or less, these windows generally stay open 24/7 unless we go out on the weekends/extended long days away from home.

How should I program this so she can use the keyfob to arm the house with these windows open, and easily arm it either keypad * or the 3rd or 4th button (we have the 4 button keyfobs) so that Option 2 would be to *fully arm the house with basement windows & motions).

Ideas or suggestions would be welcome

Old 07-23-09, 08:39 PM
E
basement windows

You can leave the windows open enough that no one can get their head through the opening. Then add a magnet so the system can be armed with the windows open. If the windows were to be opened then you the magnets will be moved.

You can put the motions in the basement on follower\ and arm away.

You can put up trip wires wired into the system inside if anyone gets in. you could then by pass the open windows and arm away.

Old 07-23-09, 09:56 PM
G
Originally Posted by pingable
Right now I have everything *all wireless sensor setup* on partition 1 on a concord 4 setup. Works great. Keyfobs, etc.

Our basement windows have steel bars on them. I do have sensors on these windows.

However, for ease of use, help me out here. I'm not sure what's the best way to reprogram this.
For day2day, like during the day when the wife runs out on errands or even at night, we tend to leave the basement windows open for air circulation. More or less, these windows generally stay open 24/7 unless we go out on the weekends/extended long days away from home.

How should I program this so she can use the keyfob to arm the house with these windows open, and easily arm it either keypad * or the 3rd or 4th button (we have the 4 button keyfobs) so that Option 2 would be to *fully arm the house with basement windows & motions).

Ideas or suggestions would be welcome
One option is to put the window sensors in group 16. It's only active in the AWAY mode. When you arm up with the keyfob, hitting the arm button once arms you to the STAY mode (windows won't be active). If you hit the arm button again, it arms to the AWAY mode (windows now active).

Old 07-24-09, 07:53 PM
P
GEGUY -

I programmed the keyfobs under 01. However when I hit arm on the keyfob, it automatically arms as ~away~.

How so I setup the keyfob as *double button press* like you had described.

thx

Old 07-24-09, 08:30 PM
G
Originally Posted by pingable
GEGUY -

I programmed the keyfobs under 01. However when I hit arm on the keyfob, it automatically arms as ~away~.

How so I setup the keyfob as *double button press* like you had described.

thx
Go to TOUCHPAD OPTIONS, then KEYCHAIN TP ARM. Make sure it's set to OFF...

Old 07-25-09, 04:16 AM
P
Thanks. Default was off. I turned it on as I thought this need to be on for keyfobs to work.

How can I reverse the sequence ?

I turned it off. Single button on fob puts it into away and double button puts it in stay

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: