Ademco 4110xm

Old 08-17-09, 09:04 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco 4110xm

I have an existing Ademco 4110xm with the 6148 keypad. I do not have a keypad at my garage entry. The garage entry door is also not designated as an entry door so the alarm goes off immediately when it is armed and I enter through this door. What is needed to program that door as an entry and also adding a keypad? When the alarm is tripped, zone 4 is identified. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-09, 10:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
The _easy_ way is to simply mechanically move the pair of wires for that door onto the same zone as the existing entry exit door. You may need to do this especially if that door is sharing the zone with anything else, like windows.

Hopefully, they home ran all of the contacts on the zone (4), so all you have to do is figure out which pair belongs to that door. That just takes a continuity tester/multimeter and a bit of patience.

For the keypad, this is a long discontinued system (circa 1997), but Honeywell lists the current 6150 keypad as compatible with this beast. Just run some 4 conductor wire from the desired keypad location to the panel, and match the connections of the existing keypad. (Yes, it goes to the same terminals...) It's highly possible that there is already keypad wiring dropped to the garage entry, especially if the house was prewired during construction.

Old 08-18-09, 04:49 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ron. I have a multimeter so I should be able to take care of it. I assume they are ran in series. Will there be any programming involved when I add the new keypad?

Old 08-18-09, 07:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
No programming. These older systems used the keypad in non-addressed mode (address 31, the factory default)