Reset master code

Old 08-19-09, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reset master code

I have the DSC classic PC 1555 alarm system, and want to change the master code. I do not have the old master code, is there a way to reset the code?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-09, 07:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 33 Posts
As long as it's not armed, if the default installer code still works, you can extract the master code from the system programming.

Try entering *8 5555. If the system beeps rapidly and goes into program mode, just press # until it's back to normal, and let us know, and we can give you the next steps.

If it just gives a long beep, it means that the installer code has been changed and short of a lucky guess, all you can do is a hardware default and start over from scratch (and then only if the installer lockout was not set).

Run a websearch using the phrase "DSC PC 1555 installer manual". You will need it.

Also a lot of the basics about this panel are discussed in the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum.

Old 08-21-09, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

It is not armed, but how will I get the master code, the key pad I have does not have a display.

Will follow your instructions, just wanted to confirm that if there is a long beep, I need to a hardware default to reset everything to the factory default.

Old 08-21-09, 04:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 33 Posts
In the installation manual, in the section titled "How to Program" there is a table that translates the LED display from binary to decimal. It's not difficult, it just takes a bit of patience.