Vista 20P w/6150 keypad - 01 FIRE Check

Old 08-30-09, 02:34 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P w/6150 keypad - 01 FIRE Check

I installed the Vista 20p w/6150 keypad system yesterday, but I get the '01 FIRE Check' on the 6150 keypad display. I know this is a default for zone 1, but I don't have any fire related detectors on zone 1; only 2 magnetic entry doors (wired in series) with 1 resistor. How do I shut this 'FIRE Check' warning off?

Other zones w/motion detectors have no warnings.

Thanks

Jim

Old 08-30-09, 04:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
For now, you need to take the regular zone wiring off of that zone input and put just a zone resistor between the terminals.

Then you will be able to clear the fire trouble by entering [code] + 1.

You didn't buy your system with the correct keypad for programming it (I don't know why vendors keep selling these kits to DIY people). You have to change the zone types for your zones to match what they are actually doing, and you can't do that with a fixed alpha keypad. You need a 2-line alpha keypad (6160 or equivalent).

Old 08-30-09, 06:13 PM
F
Thank you. Just so that I'm clear, I should put a zone resistor (gold,red,black,red) across terminals 8 and 9. I will NOT be able to use these door sensors on any other zone until I get a 6160 to program this vista 20p correctly. Is that true.

I tried that, but when starting up the system, I got a constant message 'Not Ready' and it never cleared.

Old 08-30-09, 08:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Until you change the default settings, the hardwire zone inputs on a Vista 20p default as following:

Zone 1 is fire
Zone 2 is entry/exit
Zone 3-8 are all instant.

A door/window contacts is just a switch (as are all hardwired devices; some are just more complicated switches than others).

_All_ of the zone inputs have to be closed (yes, with the zone resistors) or programmed as not used (zone type 00) for you to get a ready light.

Old 09-13-09, 01:03 PM
F
The alarm is working now but I think I need to re-program the zones to work the way I'd like them. Here's what is on the zones:
Zone1 - Fire... not used
Zone2 - Front Door/Back door entry
Zone3 - Hall eye
Zone4 - Patio door- sliding
Zone5 - Family room eye.

When I set alarm either as 'STAY' or 'STAY NIGHT', all the interior motion sensors are still instant. When 'STAY', I'd like to disable the Zone 3 and 5. When 'NIGHT", I'd like those to be on the delay. Of course, when 'AWAY', Zone 1 should be on the delay but all other should be instant.

Using the 6150 keypad to program this is very difficult since there is no display feedback. Also, clearly understanding what is being asked, I don't know if my response are correct (also, so confused and couldn't exit the programming mode with *99)...

Does anyone know the precise key strokes to accomplish this goal?

Thanks

Jim

Old 09-13-09, 02:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You need a 6160 keypad or equivalent to see the programming prompts for zone programming, _just_like_the_installation_instructions_state_. Do you know anyone who has a system with an alpha keypad that you can borrow for an afternoon?

If you are determned to try to do it with the wrong keypad, read through the *56 instructions and write out the steps that you _should_ be seeing so that you don't get lost.

Old 11-11-10, 12:04 PM
M
Sorry wrong place. i want to start new topic

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: