Trouble Light - DSC Classic PC 1555

Old 08-31-09, 12:01 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trouble Light - DSC Classic PC 1555

I have a DSC Classic PC 1555, and when I returned home yesterday from being out of town for the weekend, the "trouble" light was on. I pressed the *2 to determine the trouble, and it indicated Zone 4 which, when reading the manual, states "The panel has failed to communicate with the central station." What is the central station? Is that the main box with the wiring that is usually installed in a closet? What exactly does that mean?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-09, 03:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
"Central Station" is the alarm monitoring center that the system calls.

It means exactly what it sounds like: The system attempted to dial the monitoring center and could not complete the call (most monitored alarms automatically check in anywhere from once a day to once a month).

They also dial in for things like extended power failures, low battery, etc.

Old 09-01-09, 06:12 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Response

MrRonFL, thank you for responding. That makes sense, but since my system is not monitored, how can I turn off the "trouble" light?

Old 09-01-09, 06:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
The fact that you are not supposed to be monitored is a rather inportant piece of information....

Look in the sticky titled "Alarm forum FAQ: Please read before posting". In the section on DSC power series panels, it tells you what programming settings have to be changed. (This is assuming that you have the installer code)

Websearch using the phrase "DSC PC1555 install manual" you kinda need to have one for future reference, if you don't already have one.