leeson

Old 09-08-09, 03:25 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with programming to normal operating mode

I helped a friend who is an installer several years ago (2002) install my system. First Alert F148C I believe. I can not find him now. I tried to change my master code by entering: installer code+8+0+2+4digit new master code. This was the proceedure listed in the installer programing manual.
Ened up in deep, deep programing which is way beyond me. I currently have "check" and "9". I can not get back to original normal operating mode. I would probably try to change or install a new master code from that point if I can get there.
Thanks

Last edited by leeson; 09-08-09 at 05:43 PM. Reason: title
Old 09-08-09, 07:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
By now, the delve into programming should have timed back out. Most likely, when you entered the keystrokes to try to change the code, you must have entered [IC] + 8 + 00 instead of [IC] + 8 + 02. It's easy to do if you hold a key down a little too long.

It's a modified version of the Vista 15p (for future reference).

The bad thing is that you may have made multiple alterations while trying to get out of programming (the correct exit is *99, by the way)

Do you have wireless devices?

If you _do_, go back into programming with [IC] + 8 + 00
then *22 1, then exit with *99

If you _don't_ then the entry should be *22 0.

Just realize, that not knowing how many stray keystrokes you entered, there's a possiblity you made other changes.

Old 09-09-09, 07:01 AM
L
My friend use to talk me through those things on the phone and I never really understood. Thanks, I sure hope this works.
Leeson

Old 09-09-09, 02:16 PM
L
Well *99 did nothing. I guess the "check" timed out but the 09 code remains. I will probably have to have the system completely reprogramed. If there are any other sugestions I am open to trying.
Thanks,

Old 09-09-09, 03:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
No, I don't think you really read the instructions. Go to programming by entering [installer code] + 8 + 00

Then enter *22 0 (I am betting that you _don't have wireless devices).

_Then_ enter *99

You were already long out of programming mode (it times out on it's own in about 10 minutes or so)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: