Need help pc1555 with comcast communication problems

Old 09-22-09, 05:08 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help pc1555 with comcast communication problems

I have a DSC PC1555 alarm panel with ADT, after intalling COMCAST phone/internet/cable services my keypad has the yellow trouble light on and beeps once in a while. after pressing[*][2] I get number 1..service call required, 3..telephone line trouble, and 4.. panel failed to communicate with central station.
COMCAST has check the new connections several times and they claim to be correct, at one point they stated that the panel is analog and not digital and that is why is failing to communicate with COMCAST also they mention that a filter/converter can be installed to change the signal from analog to digital??????
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP US.....THANKS.

Old 09-22-09, 05:11 PM
D
PC1555 & VOIP

I have a DSC PC1555 alarm panel with ADT, after intalling COMCAST phone/internet/cable services my keypad has the yellow trouble light on and beeps once in a while. after pressing[*][2] I get number 1..service call required, 3..telephone line trouble, and 4.. panel failed to communicate with central station.
COMCAST has check the new connections several times and they claim to be correct, at one point they stated that the panel is analog and not digital and that is why is failing to communicate with COMCAST also they mention that a filter/converter can be installed to change the signal from analog to digital??????
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP US.....THANKS.

Old 09-22-09, 06:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
You will find things easier if you use the trouble chart from the installer manual; the one in the user manual is truncated:

http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

The odds are that trouble 1 is low battery.

As far as the communication trouble, if a normal telephone works with this derived telephone line, then this system should be able to dial out.

Most likely, when they converted your phone wiring, they didn't connect the alarm telco wiring correctly into the altered phone wiring.

In the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ: Please read before posting" there is a link to the proper wiring of a security system RJ31x jack. The only difference is that in the case of one of these broadband phone systems, the broadband adaptor takes the place of the telephone provider.

Old 10-04-09, 08:10 AM
T
RJ31 x

Most of the time with Comcast, thier phone techs don't know crap about alarms.
First put your alarm in test with your monitoring company.

Go to the main box and if you have a RJ31 X (tan box with phone cord plugged in to it)

pull off cover, you will see several screw terminals. You should see 4 single wires(could be any color) connected to 4 of the terminals. The top terminals are your incoming line, the bottom is the return from the panel.

take the top 2 wires and swap positions with the bottom 2 wires and place the bottom 2 wires on the top 2 terminals that you just disconnected.

at this point, arm your system and set the alarm off for 1 minute and call the monitoring center to verify they received any signals.

Also, please make sure that the phone line from the comcast modem is plugged into line 1 on the back and the phone cord is plugged into a phone wall outlet NOT plugged directly into a phone base unit. If you follow this, it should work with no problems at this point.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: