Ademco Vista 10SE problem disarming

Old 10-12-09, 08:45 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Ademco Vista 10SE problem disarming

I have had great luck with this forum figuring out the alarm system master code, as the building I am in was sold at auction 2 years ago and I had forgotten my original code to set the alarm. So I got the master code which was 5113 and I typed it on the keypad and hit the away button (2) and it did the countdown beeping for me to get out. But I thought I would test the alarm and make sure it still rings and openned the door and didn't put the code in during the beeping and the alarm went off....great...that is what I wanted. But, I couldn't disarm the alarm with the master code after that, so I had to go down and unplug everything again to turn off the alarm. Now when I plug in the alarm, the box still shows as being armed and still won't take the code to turn off the system, so I can't open any doors once I plug it back in. The display shows an FC, which I know is because we are not set up in the phone system anymore, but it won't let me do anything as long as the alarm is still armed. Have any ideas on how I can get the darn thing turned off and why the master code won't turn it off?

Old 10-13-09, 04:44 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
I'm betting that you were using the _installer_ code, and not the master _user_ code. If you arm the system with any other method, including quick arm, the installer code will not disarm.

You need to use the power up with * + # to get into programming, verify your installer code by keying in #20, exit programming with *99, then use the installer code to set the master user code. ([installer code} + 8 + 2 + [new master code]

Old 10-13-09, 09:57 PM
M
just to add to mr ron the only thing about these panels is that when you power down the system in the "armed " state.. it will also power up in the armed state... that * and # won't work UNLESS you hit * AND # at the same time and hold it down for a few seconds but you have to do this within like 2 seconds after powering up the alarm... thus bypassing the armed state and going straight into programming.. this will require a second person standing by the keypad to push the buttons down as the other person powers up.. (normally if the system wasn't armed u would have about a minute to hit * and # at the same time) then once in prog (you'll know cause u'll see a "20" on the screen) you could type in *20 and whatever 4 digit installer code u wanna have... the keypad will beep 3 times once u input new installer code.. then just hit *99 to exit programming and u should be good to go... if you wanna test ur code try inputting ur code + 9 to see if the chime turns on or off... u'll see the word "chime" appear/disappear from the screen ... this way u don't risk arming the system and not being able to disarm it later

Old 10-29-09, 12:23 PM
R
I have a similar question...we just bought a home that has the ademco vista 10se system installed. The system has power to it, but I don't have a user manual, nor do I know the installer code or master code. I found a link online to a user manual, but the manual doesn't address how to determine the master code if you don't know it to begin with. Using the instructions you provided to the poster Angelcomp, will I be able to assign the system a new master code? Thanks.

Old 10-29-09, 03:43 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
In the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting) the topic of extracting the installer code from Vista panels is covered.

For the installer manual enter the following phrase into your favorite search engine: "Vista 10se installer manual".

Yes, those keystrokes will assign a new master user code. There is no way to view any code except the installe code.

Old 02-26-12, 08:31 PM
D
Don't worry even if you get locked out by the company "ADT" you can purchase reasonably priced motherboards on E-bay or Amazon between 30.00 and 50.00,you can also purchase EEprom chips between 10.00 and 15.00.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: