Simon XT - low battery

Old 10-17-09, 02:49 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Simon XT - low battery

I have a Simon XT home security system I have had it for about 2 years The battery is very low and the warning beeps I have looked all over the the unit to find where it is located and I have no clue where it is The owners manual has no instructions on the battery type or insulation whatsoever For something that should be extremely simple it is very frustrating I would appreciate any advice after you have stopped laughing-Please

Old 10-17-09, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Well...no alarm expert...but you should have a box (normally a metal enclosure with a lock) somewhere else in the house (basement, closet, etc)..the battery should be in there.

I assumed you were just looking at the keypad...thats just a small part of the system.

Just tying to help..the Pro's may be around later, but weekends are pretty slow normally.

Old 10-17-09, 05:02 PM
G
You have to get inside the main unit to get at the battery. Press down on the two tabs on the top of the system, then pull apart. You'll see the battery inside.

Old 10-17-09, 05:10 PM
B
Thank you

That is a great suggestion-I am going to go check-I will let you know. Thanks for the help

Old 10-17-09, 05:36 PM
B
Simon Xt

I did what you suggested about pushing down on the tabs, and you are right I was able to get it opened. Now I am somewhat sure that the battery is the black unit that is soomething like you would find in a key start gas lawn mower. If so do I need to make sure I have the new one before I take out take out the old one. I am not sure if pulling it out will trigger the alarm.
Thank you both for your help.

Old 10-17-09, 06:11 PM
F
Smile

It wont. Take the battery to Radio Shack or another special type of battery place. You can even buy them on line.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: