Window BreakageIdeas

Old 10-22-09, 01:31 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Window BreakageIdeas

Hey guys there have rash of breakin in my area and i am trying to safeguard myfamily and my home. What they been doing is smashing out the back patio doors and walking right in. i guess somefolks dont get motion sensors and with out opening the door the sensors dont seperate and the alarm doesnt go off. Well my wife opted for the security iron door to eliminiate that problem. I was survey my home and noticed that my windows on my deck are right next to my patio door and the metal panes I see in the windows I thought were bars look like simple metal tubes and can be broken out if the windows was broken out granted once in the house the motion would go off but i am looking to stop them at the point of breakage because alot of times my teenage daughters are home alone. I have a total of (6) windows you could actually get to on the ground level that are in question. I dont want the metal bars because it would be a jail then and look very tacky. I have been looking at he bariier bar for basemt windows using a few of those since its a taller window maybe
(2) daisey chained on a wireless board. I originally wanted to get glass breaks but heard they are that reliable, atleast the bariier bars would have to be moved if they came thru the windows please any insight on this is greatly appreciated. I have a concord system as well

Old 10-22-09, 03:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Actually, acoustic glass break units are pretty reliable, you just have to use common sense about placing them and programming them into the alarm system.

Since you already have a hardwired system, you can use the on the glass shock sensors and simply connect them into the existing window contacts (as long as you don't try to put too many on a single zone).

Properly placed, the alarmed window bars are a pretty good choice as well.

There's really no "one true way" to cover a set of openings, sometimes you have to look at the specific types of doors and windows and make the best choice between what will do the job without being a horrid inconvenience or eyesore.

Old 10-22-09, 03:35 PM
D
Ok

Oh ok the acoutic work better. I thought that if you break the window softly it may not pick up the break and not go off you know. Yes my system has both wirless and hard wired but you are correct all the window contacts are wired in. So you are saying they can be switched out for some other type of sensor the acoustic? Plus they will act funny on the some zone if to many programmed or is the programming really tricky to get it just right? Also is there a brand sensor reccommended for you with the concord?

Last edited by dapapers1; 10-22-09 at 03:40 PM. Reason: and addition
Old 10-27-09, 07:08 PM
D
bars

Hey guys I want to add the barrier bars to my system but it seems you have to order 20 wow. I also want to add the glass break someone mentioed the acoustics as being reliable I was hoping someone could drop me a line on a unit that they use on a regular basis with proven reliability. I may even add another siren outside to my system any help is appreciated guys

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: