DSC Power 832 Programming

Old 10-24-09, 04:15 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC Power 832 Programming

Hello,

I lost my alarm maintenance / installer guy, and I'm trying to check things out and clean them up on my alarm system.
This alarm is monitored.

When I tested it today, the alarm monitoring co gave me responces like... Zone 1 (Front Door) "Medicle"... Zone 10 (Basement Window) " Fire"... Zone 11 (Sump Pump) "Fire"... Zone 13 (Motion) "Fire - Water Flow".

I can't figure out where they are getting these definitions from, Fire, Medical & Water Flow. And they can't answer either. Their response is "that's what's on my screen".

The only thing I messed with that could affect this was on page 11 of the Programming Worksheets [320] Alarm Reporting Codes. The installer had numbers in here like 34, 32, 31, 13, for all the zones. I saw no reference to these numbers in the rest of the manual, so I replaced them with the zone numbers, 01, 02, 03...

Is it me, or is it something that's told to the monitoring company and programmed in, i.e. 1 = Medicle, 31 = Burglary, 13 = Trouble...?

Thanks for your help!

Old 10-24-09, 04:51 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
YES

those numbers may not mean anything to you- but they are defined on their end saying what zone they are.- you need to put it back where they were

what was the reason you felt this needed to be changed???

* this is a great reason why NO home owner should have such access.

so- they get an alarm- SUMP pump- they call, get no answer leave a message- and thats it- you get home, find your house ransacked.... call *****ing them out- and then what??

Old 10-24-09, 06:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Those codes were enabling codes that told the system what Contact ID code to send to the monitoring receiver. _Their_ software automatically converts the code into a standardized set of meanings.

The info for the proper setting for these codes is in the actual installation manual, that's why you need both that _and_ the programming worksheets to make sense of the settings.

If you made these changes without writing down the original settings, what you need to do is write out what each zone does, and we can help you restore the proper monitoring codes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: