Simon XT External Annunciator

Old 12-05-09, 03:50 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Simon XT External Annunciator

The title says it all.

I want to install my panel in a remote location in my home, but would like to hear the chimes and commands. If there is a unit that can double as a siren AND an extarnal annunciator....even better. I have searched everywhere for this. All I come up with is the old Slim Line, which I believe was discontinued in the late nineties. Any direction here would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-09, 05:05 PM
G
Originally Posted by ASQTec View Post
The title says it all.

I want to install my panel in a remote location in my home, but would like to hear the chimes and commands. If there is a unit that can double as a siren AND an extarnal annunciator....even better. I have searched everywhere for this. All I come up with is the old Slim Line, which I believe was discontinued in the late nineties. Any direction here would be greatly appreciated.
Use the Simon 3 transformer to give you X-10 capability, then add the X-10 powerhorn siren. It'll give you alarm sounds as well as chime...Or go with the Simon 3 and use the talking touchpad(s). It will give you alarms, chime, and voice annunciation (or the powerhorn siren in addition)

Old 12-07-09, 05:29 AM
A
Thanks GEGUY..didn't know the Simon 3 transformer was an option.

I am using two talking touchpads with my Simon XT. The instructions say that they do not play chimes and annunciations, as this will shorten battery life. Are you referring to a specific touchpad?

Thanks

Old 12-07-09, 12:02 PM
G
Originally Posted by ASQTec View Post
Thanks GEGUY..didn't know the Simon 3 transformer was an option.

I am using two talking touchpads with my Simon XT. The instructions say that they do not play chimes and annunciations, as this will shorten battery life. Are you referring to a specific touchpad?

Thanks
Didn't know you had the XT already...I was suggesting getting the Simon 3 which has the talking touchpad that WILL give the sounds you want, but since you already have the XT, powerhorn siren is your best bet..