Concord Express Sensor problems

Old 12-31-09, 02:39 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord Express Sensor problems

Hello,

I've got a Concord Express that recently started sending out low battery messages. I checked on replacing the batteries only to discover that this company primarily uses non-replaceable battery wireless sensors. Called them and was told it would cost about $150 to replace it. After researching here and other locations, I downloaded the installation manual and then bought on ebay a programable keypad and new sensors with replaceable batteries.

Yesterday I went in to programming and deleted both sensors (another one went out) and then learned the new ones. I went through the test mode and they seemed to work fine. All is good...NOT! Late last night the cops show up at my door wanting to know if we're all right. Apparently my door was set to trigger the silent panic alarm each time it opened. I went in and believe I fixed that problem (I'm still not sure how). But now whenever I open either of the sensors, the sirens sound and the panic alarm is being sent to the monitoring company.

I'm thinking that when I learned them, I inadvertantly learned them to the zones that trigger the panic along with the sensor numbers.

How can I fix this? When I delete the sensors, they Zones don't trigger. But as soon as I learn them again to the correct zone and sensor they trigger when opened even though the alarm isn't set.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-09, 04:49 PM
G
Originally Posted by Diesel Cruiser View Post
Hello,

I've got a Concord Express that recently started sending out low battery messages. I checked on replacing the batteries only to discover that this company primarily uses non-replaceable battery wireless sensors. Called them and was told it would cost about $150 to replace it. After researching here and other locations, I downloaded the installation manual and then bought on ebay a programable keypad and new sensors with replaceable batteries.

Yesterday I went in to programming and deleted both sensors (another one went out) and then learned the new ones. I went through the test mode and they seemed to work fine. All is good...NOT! Late last night the cops show up at my door wanting to know if we're all right. Apparently my door was set to trigger the silent panic alarm each time it opened. I went in and believe I fixed that problem (I'm still not sure how). But now whenever I open either of the sensors, the sirens sound and the panic alarm is being sent to the monitoring company.

I'm thinking that when I learned them, I inadvertantly learned them to the zones that trigger the panic along with the sensor numbers.

How can I fix this? When I delete the sensors, they Zones don't trigger. But as soon as I learn them again to the correct zone and sensor they trigger when opened even though the alarm isn't set.

Thanks for your help
You are not selecting the correct zone type when you learn them in...the default is type "0" which is why the cops are showing up! Use "10" for delay doors and "13" for instant doors.

Old 12-31-09, 05:57 PM
D
Hello GEGuy,

Your answer was the key to me understanding how to use the codes in Table A3. THANK YOU!!!

Is it okay to have more than one door that use the 10 group?

Thanks again & Happy New Year

DC

Old 12-31-09, 06:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Yes, you may. The concords and simons use "sensor group" where other systems use "zone type". It just goes back to whoever wrote the original ITI documents.

Old 12-31-09, 07:43 PM
D
Ron/GE-
Your advice resolved the issue. After running several tests, the system is up and running as it should. I went ahead and left the other door as a 13 for now. Can you think of any reason why the initial installer would have told me I could only have one door to enter/exit from on the system?

I now need to delete and re-learn my 4 button keyfob as I messed with it last night and screwed it up. There seem to be several group numbers I could use. 01, 03, 06 or 07? From past posts, I gather the way to learn it is to hold down both lock/unlock buttons? BTW, what are the other two buttons (asterick & light bulb) for?
Thank you, DC

Old 01-01-10, 06:27 PM
G
Originally Posted by Diesel Cruiser View Post
Ron/GE-
Your advice resolved the issue. After running several tests, the system is up and running as it should. I went ahead and left the other door as a 13 for now. Can you think of any reason why the initial installer would have told me I could only have one door to enter/exit from on the system?

I now need to delete and re-learn my 4 button keyfob as I messed with it last night and screwed it up. There seem to be several group numbers I could use. 01, 03, 06 or 07? From past posts, I gather the way to learn it is to hold down both lock/unlock buttons? BTW, what are the other two buttons (asterick & light bulb) for?
Thank you, DC
You can have any zone behave any way you want...Use group 01 for keyfobs. Yes Lock/Unlock to learn it in. Light button turns on/off x-10 devices. * either toggles entry delay time on/off or can be programmed to trigger an output (like open a garage door).