Installing X10 Remote Siren with Simon 3

Old 12-31-09, 02:40 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing X10 Remote Siren with Simon 3

I am attempting to install a PH508 Remote Siren (X10) with my Simon 3 system. The manual says to use Unit# 10 for emergency alerts, however the Simon 3 panel only cycles through Units #0-8. How does one program a unit #10 in the Simon 3 X10 control?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-09, 04:46 PM
G
Originally Posted by Christensen007 View Post
I am attempting to install a PH508 Remote Siren (X10) with my Simon 3 system. The manual says to use Unit# 10 for emergency alerts, however the Simon 3 panel only cycles through Units #0-8. How does one program a unit #10 in the Simon 3 X10 control?
Turn it to 9...9 will give you alarm as well as status beeps. You don't need to program anything, just plug it in.

Old 01-04-10, 02:35 PM
C
Sorry, that's not correct.

The Simon 3 panel must be programmed for the X10 siren. That is the question - how can I program Simon 3 for an X10 siren? The Simon 3 manual recommends Unit 9 (as you suggest) for alerts, or Unit 10 for Emergency only. However, there is no way to select Unit 9 or 10 on the Simon 3 panel!

Old 01-04-10, 05:47 PM
G
Originally Posted by Christensen007 View Post
The Simon 3 panel must be programmed for the X10 siren. That is the question - how can I program Simon 3 for an X10 siren? The Simon 3 manual recommends Unit 9 (as you suggest) for alerts, or Unit 10 for Emergency only. However, there is no way to select Unit 9 or 10 on the Simon 3 panel!
You don't have to select it at the panel....Just turn the dial to 9 or 10. If it's set to 9, you get status and alarms. If it's set to 10, you'll just get alarms. The panel's house code is set to A (you could "program" this to another house code, but it is normally not needed), in order for the powerhorn to work, set it's house code (dial on the siren) to the next house code than the panel has ("B" in this case).