DSC PC1555 LCD keypad trouble

Old 01-07-10, 11:34 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1555 LCD keypad trouble

What does "PARTITION 2 is UNAVAILABLE" mean displayed on a DSC 1555 system LCD keypad?

Old 01-07-10, 01:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
PC 1555 is a 1 partition system. If you accidentally change the keypad address to point to partition 2 or try to switch the keypad to partition 2 by pressing and holding 2, you will get that response.

Old 01-07-10, 01:48 PM
H
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
PC 1555 is a 1 partition system. If you accidentally change the keypad address to point to partition 2 or try to switch the keypad to partition 2 by pressing and holding 2, you will get that response.
Ok, thank you MrRonFL, How can I default or reactivate the keypad?

Old 01-07-10, 04:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If it did this after you tried to set the keypad address, press and hold 1 to switch it to partition 1 mode. Immediately go back into programming and set the keypad address as 1x instead of 2x or 0x.

Old 01-09-10, 08:51 AM
G
pc1555mx

My problem is the siren continually sounds at a very low volume. It does get loud when it actually goes off. This just started but it won't stop. How can I fix this?

Old 01-09-10, 02:35 PM
H
If it did this after you tried to set the keypad address, press and hold 1 to switch it to partition 1 mode. Immediately go back into programming and set the keypad address as 1x instead of 2x or 0x.
Thanks for your help MrRonFL but, I still am experiencing that problem. The LCD keypad is completely inoperable. I tried using the secondary keypad to perform the function with no success. What other options do I have?

Old 01-09-10, 04:19 PM
F
Smile

Originally Posted by gopop123 View Post
My problem is the siren continually sounds at a very low volume. It does get loud when it actually goes off. This just started but it won't stop. How can I fix this?
Try tying a 2k resistor across the bell terminals on the main panel. Sometimes the supervision voltage on the bell terminals bleeds through to the siren.

Old 01-09-10, 04:28 PM
F
Smile

Originally Posted by hermann21 View Post
Thanks for your help MrRonFL but, I still am experiencing that problem. The LCD keypad is completely inoperable. I tried using the secondary keypad to perform the function with no success. What other options do I have?
How did this issue come about? Were you doing some programming changes.?

Try going to the problem keypad and hold the # for 3 seconds then hold 1 for 3 seconds. If the keypad goes back to normal then hit *8 installers code. The keypad will read enter section. Then hit 000 0 then 1 (for partition 1) and # # #.
It seems that somehow your keypad is set for partition 2. Ask more if needed.

Old 01-10-10, 12:04 PM
H
Originally Posted by Fishlips25 View Post
How did this issue come about? Were you doing some programming changes.?

Try going to the problem keypad and hold the # for 3 seconds then hold 1 for 3 seconds. If the keypad goes back to normal then hit *8 installers code. The keypad will read enter section. Then hit 000 0 then 1 (for partition 1) and # # #.
It seems that somehow your keypad is set for partition 2. Ask more if needed.
The issue started after a service power outage, after power was restored, the primary keypad had this message.
I tried the above sequence, with no success. Any other suggestions? PS, I think I was hijacked by the siren guy.

Old 01-10-10, 03:24 PM
F
Smile

Have you tried powering down and up the system to reset?
Find the main control panel and unplug the battery and transformer. Wait about a minute then plug in the battery first then the transformer. Hopefully this will reset the issue and all you'll have to do is reset the trouble light by setting the clock. To reset the clock press *6 master code 1 then HH:MM #.

Lets us know.

Old 01-11-10, 07:15 PM
H
Originally Posted by Fishlips25 View Post
Have you tried powering down and up the system to reset?
Find the main control panel and unplug the battery and transformer. Wait about a minute then plug in the battery first then the transformer. Hopefully this will reset the issue and all you'll have to do is reset the trouble light by setting the clock. To reset the clock press *6 master code 1 then HH:MM #.

Lets us know.
Ok, performed the above sequence......problem still exists, darn! Any other possibilities?

Old 01-11-10, 08:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Occam's razer:

Your keypad is acting as if it's been set for a non-existant partition 2, but will not switch back to partition 1 so you can reset it.

The odds favor this keypad being a failed device. DSC panels _do_not_ like voltage transients.

Old 01-13-10, 05:09 PM
H
Occam's razer:

Your keypad is acting as if it's been set for a non-existant partition 2, but will not switch back to partition 1 so you can reset it.

The odds favor this keypad being a failed device. DSC panels _do_not_ like voltage transients.
Oh well, I guess it's time for the recycle bin! I want to thank both MrRonFL & Fishlips for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: