Simon XT Table 4 Sensor Group Charactreistics

Old 01-11-10, 04:38 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Simon XT Table 4 Sensor Group Charactreistics

Hi,
Maybe I missed this in the install manual. If I did, please excuse and guide me.

In Table 4 there are Delay characteristics which has symbols/letters I, S or F in each numbered group. Does anyone know what these letters stands for @ instant, fire or silent ???????? or maybe none of the above.

I am having trouble installing a shock sensor which either goes into full alarm or no alarm in most groups tested. This info may eliminate testing all groups with different shock settings.

Every other sensor installed in and out has no problem.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-10, 05:53 PM
G
Originally Posted by chrismate View Post
Hi,
Maybe I missed this in the install manual. If I did, please excuse and guide me.

In Table 4 there are Delay characteristics which has symbols/letters I, S or F in each numbered group. Does anyone know what these letters stands for @ instant, fire or silent ???????? or maybe none of the above.

I am having trouble installing a shock sensor which either goes into full alarm or no alarm in most groups tested. This info may eliminate testing all groups with different shock settings.

Every other sensor installed in and out has no problem.

Thanks
I=Instant....no delay time
S=Standard....whatever your delay time set to in programming
F=Follower....If a delay zone is tripped first, this zone type "follows" (or waits) till the delay time has expired before the alarm goes. If no delay zone is tripped first, the alarm is instant.

You have to decide what arming level you want the shock to be active...many pick type 13.

Old 01-12-10, 03:19 PM
C
Thanks GEGUY

Bam, Wow, impressed and fast response.

Been searching online for a week and you had the answer. Should of hit the forums first, u pro's always have the answer.

Anyhow, this cleared up my problem with the sensor delay characteristics.
Gonna set it on Group 13 as you stated. Mystery solved.
Thanks Again

chrismate