Ge nx-8v2

Old 01-28-10, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ge nx-8v2

I received a low battery signal from a motion sensor on my system. I get three fast beeps alerting me to the issue. I changed the battery but the three beeps persist and I cannot get it to stop.

I know the sensor is now working properly as I am able to set the alarm where as before I had to force it.

How do I stop the beeping?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-10, 07:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Try *7. It forces a reset on the sensors.

I am assuming that you have properly replaced the battery cover. There's a tamper switch on it.

Old 01-28-10, 07:19 PM
I tried *7.....to no avail.

The battery cover is on correctly as well. Maybe I will try another battery. Normally if you change the battery will the trouble clear automatically?

Old 01-29-10, 08:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, as soon as the system gets a signal from the device.

You could easily have gotten a bad battery. These lithiums are a low demand battery, and some vendors don't rotate their stock enough. I habitually check them with a meter before I use them.

Old 02-01-10, 09:39 AM
Thanks Ron.

I tried four different batteries.....granted they were the same package, but problem persists.

I now have a new issue, the "ready light" will not illuminate and there is no Fault when you cycle through the zones. All zones show OK (including the low battery zone) .

When I first replaced the battery, it showed "low Battery" but would allow me to arm. Now I cannot even do that.

Any ideas?

Old 02-01-10, 06:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Normally, you pop the new battery in. Open and close the door to send an open and restore, and good to go.

The only thing I can suggest is to power down the system, walk away fro a few minutes, then power it back up.

Old 02-01-10, 10:57 PM
Hit *2...what does it say?

Old 02-02-10, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by GEGUY View Post
Hit *2...what does it say?
When I hit *2 it on shows the Low BAttery message on this particular zone...no fault.

Old 02-04-10, 06:02 PM
How to delete a wireless zone?

i think my motion sensor went bad and dont have another available. How do you delete a zone from the wireless module? I will get another motion sensor and add it later but the beeping is driving me nuts?

Anyone?

Old 02-04-10, 11:38 PM
This doesn't sound like a bad motion...I'd try a new batch of batteries...which receiver do you have? Keypad receiver or (NX148E-RF) or remote receiver? Directions on deleting the zone depend on the module. You'd likely get a "lost zone" if the motion were unable to communicate. Are you seeing a red light on the motion consistently (or were you)?

Old 02-05-10, 01:59 PM
This doesn't sound like a bad motion...I'd try a new batch of batteries...which receiver do you have? Keypad receiver or (NX148E-RF) or remote receiver? Directions on deleting the zone depend on the module. You'd likely get a "lost zone" if the motion were unable to communicate. Are you seeing a red light on the motion consistently (or were you)?
I have the NX148E.

I am fairly certain the motion is bad. While switching batteries, it would intermittantly show fault as well as low batteries then clear the fault and show ready. This lasted about 1 hour, now the ready light is out again. I noticed the red sensor light on the motion device being on consistantly on once or twice ( as I changed the batteries it would clear).

Old 02-11-10, 05:29 PM
I have the new motion sensor.....how do I replace the defective one already programmed with the new one??

Old 02-12-10, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mranieri View Post
I have the new motion sensor.....how do I replace the defective one already programmed with the new one??
If your old motion was showing the red LED light after you take the cover off, it is at least detecting motion. The red LED comes on when the back tamper switch is activated and will activate when motion is detected. This is the "walk test" feature. If you stay out of it's way for 5 minutes, it times out of the walk test (and no more red LED)...

Do you have the installer code? You'll need it to program the new motion and delete the old one.

Old 02-13-10, 07:14 AM
If your old motion was showing the red LED light after you take the cover off, it is at least detecting motion. The red LED comes on when the back tamper switch is activated and will activate when motion is detected. This is the "walk test" feature. If you stay out of it's way for 5 minutes, it times out of the walk test (and no more red LED)...

Do you have the installer code? You'll need it to program the new motion and delete the old one.
I have the installer code, I just do not know how to delete he old sensor.

PLease explain..thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-10, 10:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Assuming that you have a receiver and not a RF model keypad and it is still set to the default module address of 35:

*8 [installer code]
35#
[xx]# (xx being the zone number of the device)
press 1 to turn off segment 1
Press *
press #

press the exit key until you exit programming.

The transmitter is now deleted.

Instructions:
http://www.azsecurity.net/pdf/ALARMA...%20Rev%20E.pdf

Old 02-14-10, 11:34 AM
He has the RF keypad

Replace the 35 with a 192 (assuming the keypad is left at default)...rest of the instructions are the same...

Old 02-14-10, 01:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks, based on his response to your question, I couldn't tell if he had the RF keypad or not. GIGO...

Old 02-19-10, 07:47 AM
My Mistake, I actually have the wireless card not the RF keypad so after following Ron's direction, I was able to delete and relearn the new sensor. Everything looks good.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

Beer 4U2

Old 07-20-14, 12:18 PM
Low battery

My security system started beeping and after pressing *2, it said low battery console. I bought a new rechargeable battery just like the one that was in there and plugged it in. It's been a day, and the unit is still saying low battery. Do I need to do something else?

Old 07-20-14, 03:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Double check your connections, sometimes those slip on connectors aren't as snug as they should be after you do a battery swap. Check the battery with the AC power disconnected. It's rare, but you sometimes do get a battery that's bad out of the box.