Clearing Concord 4 supervisory messages

Old 02-10-10, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Clearing Concord 4 supervisory messages

My water sensor (RF) was low on batteries and now my keypad shows supervisory messages. I haven't had a chance to replace the sensor's batteries, so, I simply removed the old batteries to prevent the sensor from sending a message to the panel. Is there a way to clear all the messages that have piled up in the panel, though ? The keypad's "ready" light won't come on even though I've hit "*" more than 30 times. I have a Concord 4 panel.

Thanks for any advice/insight

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-10, 10:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Other than simply replacing the batteries, you should be able to simply bypass the bad zone to get a ready light (assuming that the zone type is a bypassable zone type/sensor group).

Old 02-12-10, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by teerex View Post
My water sensor (RF) was low on batteries and now my keypad shows supervisory messages. I haven't had a chance to replace the sensor's batteries, so, I simply removed the old batteries to prevent the sensor from sending a message to the panel. Is there a way to clear all the messages that have piled up in the panel, though ? The keypad's "ready" light won't come on even though I've hit "*" more than 30 times. I have a Concord 4 panel.

Thanks for any advice/insight
Removing the batteries doesn't do the trick...the panel is telling you via the supervisory message that in can't hear from the sensor anymore...either delete the sensor out or bypass it per MrRon's suggestion...

Old 02-17-10, 06:39 PM
Thanks, MrRon and GEGuy. As usual you've come to the rescue I simply replaced the batteries with fresh ones and all is well. Now, to my next question. The moment I put in fresh batteries, the alarm went off in my home and scared the bejesus out of my wife and kids. How do I prevent that from happening each time I need to replace the sensor batteries ? This is the NX695 water sensor, btw

Cheers

Old 02-17-10, 07:31 PM
Received 14 Votes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by teerex View Post
Thanks, MrRon and GEGuy. As usual you've come to the rescue I simply replaced the batteries with fresh ones and all is well. Now, to my next question. The moment I put in fresh batteries, the alarm went off in my home and scared the bejesus out of my wife and kids. How do I prevent that from happening each time I need to replace the sensor batteries ? This is the NX695 water sensor, btw

Cheers
The simple way is to put the system in "Test" while you're changing batteries. During Test, the system doesn't go into alarm for anything. Be advised it will spontaneously take itself out of test if you take too much time on the batteries, so be mindful.