Sensor Compatibility with GE Simon XT

Old 03-16-10, 10:56 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sensor Compatibility with GE Simon XT

I had an old Commander 2000 security system and recently replaced it with a Simon XT. All of the old sensors were made by ITI. When programming the system, all of the entry sensors worked fine. I have questions about 3 types of sensors:
1. Glassbreak: We have ITI model 60-582 (Sound Sensor - Intellisense) sensors. Will these work with the Simon XT? I tried to program them in, but it did not detect them.
2. Smoke: We have ITI model 60-645-95. I am able to program it, but a few hours after doing so, I get the following warning message: "Fire tampered open or smoke warning". At that point I have to delete the sensor or will beep periodically.
Is there a way to make it work?
3. Motion: We have an ITI 60-511-01 sensor. It programs just fine and will work, but it seems to just stop working after a while. I can reprogram it and it will work for a while again. Any idea why it quits?

All these sensors are at least 12 years old, but they worked fine with our old system. Just would like to find a way to make them work with the new system.

Thanks for any advise.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-10, 11:26 AM
G
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
I had an old Commander 2000 security system and recently replaced it with a Simon XT. All of the old sensors were made by ITI. When programming the system, all of the entry sensors worked fine. I have questions about 3 types of sensors:
1. Glassbreak: We have ITI model 60-582 (Sound Sensor - Intellisense) sensors. Will these work with the Simon XT? I tried to program them in, but it did not detect them.
2. Smoke: We have ITI model 60-645-95. I am able to program it, but a few hours after doing so, I get the following warning message: "Fire tampered open or smoke warning". At that point I have to delete the sensor or will beep periodically.
Is there a way to make it work?
3. Motion: We have an ITI 60-511-01 sensor. It programs just fine and will work, but it seems to just stop working after a while. I can reprogram it and it will work for a while again. Any idea why it quits?

All these sensors are at least 12 years old, but they worked fine with our old system. Just would like to find a way to make them work with the new system.

Thanks for any advise.
All 3 should work...
1. Open the cover to trip the tamper when learning in
2. Tamper means the cover is not on correctly...
3. Explain "Stopped working"...You are aware of the lock out time correct?!

Old 03-16-10, 11:54 AM
W
Thanks for the response.
1. We have 5 of the glassbreak sensors. I know I tried to program one of them by opening the cover/making noise but it didn't learn it. I'll try with the others and see if it picks them up.
2. The smoke sensor was working fine with the old system and I didn't do anything to it except push the test button to trip it when I was learning the sensor. After getting this message a couple times, I did take the cover off to look at it and them put the cover back on. Tried to learn it again, but I get the same message. I find it odd that the system is OK for several hours before it gives me the error message.
3. If I learn the motion sensor, set the system, then walk by it, it sets off the alarm. When I was trying to trip it again (weeks later) it didn't work. In fact, I don't recall seeing the red light indicating it was picking up any movement. The battery was just replaced so I'll try programming it again tonight to see what happens.

Old 03-16-10, 01:10 PM
G
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Thanks for the response.
1. We have 5 of the glassbreak sensors. I know I tried to program one of them by opening the cover/making noise but it didn't learn it. I'll try with the others and see if it picks them up.
2. The smoke sensor was working fine with the old system and I didn't do anything to it except push the test button to trip it when I was learning the sensor. After getting this message a couple times, I did take the cover off to look at it and them put the cover back on. Tried to learn it again, but I get the same message. I find it odd that the system is OK for several hours before it gives me the error message.
3. If I learn the motion sensor, set the system, then walk by it, it sets off the alarm. When I was trying to trip it again (weeks later) it didn't work. In fact, I don't recall seeing the red light indicating it was picking up any movement. The battery was just replaced so I'll try programming it again tonight to see what happens.
Sensors report trouble conditions at various intervals (the smoke), not always instantly...

The ONLY time you will see a red light on a wireless motion detector is right after you take the back cover off. This puts it in "walk test" mode. This is used to verify that it is seeing you. After 5 minutes of no activity, the test mode is exited automatically. You will NOT see the red light in "normal" mode. This is done to conserve battery life. Once it is in normal operating mode, once the motion detects motion, it "sleeps" for about 4-5 minutes. During this time, it will not detect motion. This is also done to save on the batteries.