Ranger American PC1555 self monitoring

Old 03-18-10, 01:25 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ranger American PC1555 self monitoring

I've searched around, and yes, I did read the "I want my security system to call my cell" sticky post - but I still have a couple of questions.

Simply, when the alarm goes off, I want it to call my cell phone. I don't care that I hear weird noises, I'll know what's happening.

Assuming the installer's code isn't changed (so I can reprogram this) and I hook up the RING and TIP correctly to my phone line (not using R1, T1), is it going to call a default central station number in addition to the programmable call numbers? Or is it just going to call the programmable call numbers?

I have a Ranger American PC1555 board with the PC5508Z keypad. Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-10, 03:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Ranger American is a just a dealer that sells enough panels to spend the money to have their logo put on the box. The system is a DSC PC1555.

Yes, you can do what you want if you have the installer code, or if RA didn't turn on the installer lockout feature. (Look in the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting)" for the instructions on how to tell if the lock was turned on)

If installer lockout is set, short of a lucky guess at the installer code, then it's a brick.

You would be reprogramming the phone numbers, most likely, if it's not locked out, you will have to default the system (which erases _everything_, including the current phone numbers)

Old 03-19-10, 09:09 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your response! The manual for the PC1555 explains that to change the communicator numbers, dial the installer's code. I tried the default [5555] and some others (like my address, [1234], etc...), but nothing allowed me in.

One question on the "detecting lockout enabled/disabled" - if I default the system, am I going to lose the zone programming?

It probably won't hurt to try, but do you think calling up the installer and asking for the code will work?

Again, I appreciate the info. This really is a great forum!

Old 03-19-10, 01:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Yes, a default resets _everything_ to factory default.

The best you can hope for from RA is for them to change the installer code back to the factory default, or one of your choice (for the cost of a service call, of course). They will _not_ tell you their installer code.