Adding a prefix to Alarm dial out

Old 03-31-10, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Adding a prefix to Alarm dial out

Hi, I switched to VoIP and got the phone wiring straight and ready to go so the line seizure would work with VoIP. I am just waiting for number port to finish. The VoIP device works better with fax etc if dialing out with prefix "*99" so I am trying to add this prefix to the number the alarm dials out as well.

I have an ADT SafeWatch Pro 3000 or Ademco Vista-20P.

I download the installation manual for Vista-20P and scanned through it a bit. I kind of have an idea how to do this but not sure so would like to ask the experts to see if my understanding is erroneous in any way.

Get into programming mode:

Enter [Installer code (4-1-1-2)] + 8 0 0 (I understand that this is disabled if someone exited the program mode using *98; how do I know if I got into program mode or not?)

If above doesn't get me into program mode, then power down according to instructions found on this board and power back up.

Press both[*] and [#] at the same time within 50 seconds

I have 2 fields that I am looking at (which one should I modify?)

*40 PABX Access Code "*70(pause)*99(pause)" <-- I am guessing the *70 is already programmed into the system to disable the call waiting

*41 Primary Phone No. "*99(pause)xxxxxxxxxx"

After deciding on what field I want to modify, while in program mode

Review the field:

Press [#] + [Field Number]. <-- this would be #40 or #41 right?
That field’s data is displayed, but no changes can be made.

Edit the field by entering the field (after entering the field, would existing value be displayed?):

Press [∗] + [Field Number]

Edit/enter the string above according to instructions (key combo for "*" and key combo for "pause" etc)

Exit the field by *

Exit the program mode by *99

What do you think?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-10, 03:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
If you have successfully entered programming, the initial display will be "20".

Try just putting your *99 in front of the phone number (I am assuming that you are trying to dial a central station receiver.)

You have 20 total digits to work with in the *41 slot.

Old 04-01-10, 06:17 PM
Thanks. Yes, trying to call the current number to the monitoring station but wanting to add prefix.

From answer, it seems that after entering the field, existing value will be displayed so I can just put the *99 in front.

After putting the *99 in front, are these correct?

Exit the field by *
Exit the program mode by *99

Also, the installer code seems to be 4-1-1-2 (manual I downloaded) but I've seen other installer code mentioned for the same model. So not sure on this.

Old 04-01-10, 08:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You can't just insert the characters, you have to re-enter the phone number with the *99 and pause leading.

[installer code] + 8 + 00
#41 (to display the existing phone number 1 digit at a time, ignoring leading zeros)

*41 #11 99 #13 xxxxxxxxxxx * (xxx... being the phone number)

Old 04-01-10, 09:18 PM
Thanks for your help. I think I got it.

Also, got how to retrieve installer code from the sticky FAQ.

Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting) in the Retrieving Installer code section.

I was hoping I didn't have to power down and up but looks like I'll have to.

Old 04-05-10, 01:01 PM
Thank you MrRonFL for your help on this. I thought I'd report back with status.

I opened up the alarm box and found a short version of the installer manual inside. Turns out, I have Safewatch Pro 3000EN which is basically same as the 3000 (as I understand) and the installer didn't change the installer code so I was able to get into programming mode using the default: 6321 + 800 without having to power down to retrieve the installer code.

After I modified the primary and sencondary phone number fields 41 and 42, when I do a review of those fields by doing #41 and #42, I get the field revealed to me 1 digit at a time (leading 0 with phone number digit 0-9 and 11 for * and 13 for pause).

Cheers!

Old 05-08-10, 09:50 AM
Help!!

I have a FA168C with a Vista 15P board. It seems that it only works with FA560KP for programming purposes as the Ademco 6160 gave me an "incompatible con" error message.

Anyhow, I've tried the Installer Code as well as the Power Down/Power Up + *# and it doesn't work. With the Power up and *+#, at first, upon power up, the keypad is off. Tried pressing *+# while keypad display is off, and I get a Busy - Standby D1 message. Also tried waiting for the Busy - Standby D1 message to show up and then press *+# (all within 50 seconds), and have had no success. So I'm guessing that the prior Alarm Company used the Installer Lockout. Am I right? If so, is there any way I can reset the panel either myself or through a remote service?

Thanks!!

Old 05-08-10, 09:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sadly, First Alert dealers seem to use the installer lockout more often than some others. What they actually do is use the downloader software to disable local programming access so that _only_ their downloader software can access programming.

Also, FA panels have been modified more than most ademco clones, so the standard alpha keypads don't work on most models.

In a nutshell, work with the FA dealer, or replace the control and keypad(s). All the "back doors" have been disabled.