Vista 20P exit Delay not working

Old 04-03-10, 04:05 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P exit Delay not working

I have my exit door set to a ZONE TYPE of 01 Entry/Exit #1.I beleive I set the Entry and Exit times to 30 seconds. I ARM the system in AWAY mode and the Panel starts to beep. As soon as I Open my exit door the Alarm activates.
Any suggestions?

Old 04-03-10, 09:40 PM
C
Received 43 Votes on 40 Posts
It's helpful if you tell us exactly what you did--saves a lot of guessing.

For instance, you said you "believe you set the Entry and Exit times to 30 seconds" but you didn't say what you entered in Field 35, which sets the E/E times for both partitions. It doesn't matter if you aren't using partition 2, Field 35 is where its E/E time is set (along with Partition 1) and any time you hit *35, you have to follow with 4 digits to set E/E times in both partitions.

The panel comes from the factory default-programmed for 30 seconds for both partitions, so entering *,3,5,3,0,3,0 to set a 30-second entry delay is redundant. One error I have seen done is someone thinking he has to enter "zero-three" to enter a three, and somehow winds up entering "00" for partition 1 and "33" for partition two, thereby giving himself zero Entry Delay in partition 1.

That's my first guess, in the absence of more information. Please go into installer programming and press #35 and let us know what shows. If you want a 30-second Entry delay, it should be showing 30,30.

(The minimum Exit delay is 45 seconds by the way.)

Second guess, not knowing how you tested the Entry delay, is that you may have armed it Away, opened and closed the E/E door so it actually would arm "Away" then waited out the exit delay in front of the keypad, standing still.

If you have a motion sensor programmed for delay follower, and if you moved immediatly after the Exit delay, just as the system armed Away, then the motion saw you move to open the door. If you trip the motion a split-second before you open the door, it trips the alarm instantly, and you'd hear the siren just as you open the door. This could give you the impression that the door generated the alarm.

So did you notice what zone actually tripped the alarm during your test? Door or motion sensor--if there is a moiton sensor. I'm still guessing in the absense of information.

Third guess: If you porgrammed 30,30 in Field 35, and actually have a 30-second delay programmed in, and if you armed the system Away and waited out the Exit delay outside, then opened the E/E door and the alarm tripped instantly. In that case, I'd guess that for some reason the Control panel isn't "seeing" the door open and the motion sensor (if any) is acting as an instant zone for the same reason it would in scenario #2.
Again, which zone is actually tripping the alarm, door or motion? Check to see that the system actually sees the door open, i.e., does it trigger the chime? Is the door Hardwire or RF (wireless)?

That's about all the guessing I'm going to do without more information. Let us know what you find.

Last edited by ChosunOne; 04-03-10 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 01:25 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
EXIT DELAY Problem solved

I discovered that the resistor for zone 2 was touching zone 3. Probalby why i would sometimes see a Fault 02 followed by a Fault 03. Once I correct the wiring problem (and did it so it would not happen again) the exit worked fine.
Thanks for all your suggestions and I will explain in more detail the next time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: