PC1555RKZ alarm stopped working suddenly - help!

Old 04-19-10, 10:20 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PC1555RKZ alarm stopped working suddenly - help!

I have a non-monitored DSC PC1555RKZ alarm which just stopped working suddenly. All of a sudden, it would not accept my four digit code and allow me to set it. It says there is something wrong with zone 5 but the window is not up so I cannot figure it out.

The assigned zones are as follows.

Zone 1 - nothing is there
Zone 2 - front/sunroom doors
Zone 3 - bedrooms 2 and 3 windows
Zone 4 - master bedroom windows
Zone 5 - sunroom windows
Zone 6 - utility room door

The light for Zone 5 is red and the light for System is yellow. The yellow light came on after I tried to do a zone bypass for zone 5 so unfortunately, I made the situation worse as at first only the red light was on for zone 5.

I do not have the master code or the installer code as this alarm was already installed when I purchased the house. I am trying not to call out a service company as they want $150 to start and I am a student and don't have this money. Any help you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated. I am not that smart when it comes to this stuff so please be as basic as possible. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-20-10, 06:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Start by looking at the the window(s) that are on this zone. The most common reason for a zone to suddenly show open is the magnet falling off of the window. I would start with any windows that have been recently opened and closed.

There is not complex technology in alarm zone contacts, they are just magnetically activated switches. (This is assuming hardwired vs. wireless, which has other issues).

Old 04-20-10, 07:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
do a *2 to see what the reason the YELLOW light is on for

this will bring up the trouble conditions using the ZONE LED's to define problem

so, after pressing *2, whatever LED is let then gets defined- it DOES NOT REFER to any ZONES, but is simply a code as to the problem.

do it- the report back as to which one or more are then lit.

maybe you did the *2, thats when the system LED came on? LED 5 = zone fault, refering to a zone that is wired with DOUBLE EOLR's... i doubt this would be the case.
It also means issue with wireless transmitter- maybe ??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: