Ranger American Alarm System Light

Old 05-10-10, 07:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ranger American Alarm System Light

I have a Ranger American PC 1555 RKZ model panel. When the electrical power went out for 10 days, the battery low light appeared. Once electrical power was restored, we still had a low battery light. I replaced battery with standard 12v. Low battery light no longer is on but the alarm panel "orange system light" remains on. I tried reading manual. It mentioned inputting master code to reset but I only know my input code. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-10, 04:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Briggsie View Post
I have a Ranger American PC 1555 RKZ model panel. When the electrical power went out for 10 days, the battery low light appeared. Once electrical power was restored, we still had a low battery light. I replaced battery with standard 12v. Low battery light no longer is on but the alarm panel "orange system light" remains on. I tried reading manual. It mentioned inputting master code to reset but I only know my input code. Any suggestions?
hi Briggsie

i am not big on your panel but i think the dsc pc 1555 is the same ?? try this link it may help

Panel Guides

Old 05-11-10, 04:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 24 Votes on 23 Posts
PC 1555RKZ is the keypad model shipped with the earliest versions of the PC1555 alarm system.

Press *2 and refer to the trouble chart in the manual. If you don't already have an installer manual, websearch using the phrase "DSC PC 1555 installation manual". The trouble table in the user manual leaves out some inportant info.

The odds are that you simply need to set the system clock.

The odds are that you user code _is_ the master code.