Mose 911 alarm

Old 11-30-00, 05:06 PM
racotterel
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a Mose 911 alarm system that is installed in my home, its about 11 years old. It has window sensors and door sensor along with a glass shatter sensor. My question is can I piggy back on a motion sensor on to it thur mean of any of these sensors. Or do I have run new wiring to the key pad, which will be harder to do. Thanks for any pro and cons on this issue.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-00, 07:53 PM
Visiting Guest
i have installed alarms for a few years and you can just piggy back off another device. Just be sure you do it in series not parallel

Old 12-02-00, 04:24 PM
racotterel
Visiting Guest
Question

Jay L....Ok now explain to me how to do it in series...Also what is series and what is parallel.(spelling). On the sensor for the window its just a wire going in, do I splice into it or what............Thanks for any help.

Old 12-02-00, 10:23 PM
Visiting Guest
ok lets say you have a red and black wire going to the old sensor. And the new wire your are running is red and black. Now take one off of the old sensor. Say its a black wire and splice it to the new red wire and connect the new black wire onto the old sensor. Now at the new sensor just hook up the red and black to manufacture specs. This is a series connection so if one of the sensors breaks contact the circuit will open and you will get an alarm. In a parrallel(I don't know about spelling) circuit you would splice color to color with what is known as a pigtail and connect to the sensor and if one of the sensors opens you will not get and alarm because the circuit is still intact by way of the other sensor. Hopes this is not confusing and helps you out.

Old 12-04-00, 05:29 AM
Jay L.
Thanks for sharing your expertise with us.

Old 12-04-00, 03:44 PM
racotterel
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Hey thanks for the tips..........I love this site. You all that have expertise in these field are helping us the people trying to learn.............Thanks