DSC PC 1555 Failure

Old 07-05-10, 11:55 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC 1555 Failure

I have a DSC PC 1555 system in my home. I have an error code 4 showing up, which is failure to communicate. I do not have this connected with a security company and do not wish to sign-up with a company. How do I fix this where a trouble light quits showing up and going off?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-10, 12:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
In the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting)", the details of how to default and remove the most common troubles from one of these DSC "Power Series" systems is detailed out.

Don't forget to websearch for the installer manual. If any of the instructions doesn't make sense, let us know and we can translate.

Old 07-05-10, 05:51 PM
Read it, but still cannot find in manual how to by-pass the "failure to communicate" trouble light. I want to turn off the dialer so that it no longer attempts to communicate and does not show trouble light on the system.

Old 07-05-10, 07:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is no "bypass".

To make it go away you have to go into programming and turn off the dialer. If you don't have the installer code, your only choice is to default the panel and reset everything from scratch.

From the FAQ sticky:

DSC: Power series panels (632, 832, 864); trouble 3 (telephone line trouble) and/or trouble 4 (failure to communicate) shows on new/defaulted system.

DSC panels default to the communicator turned on, and TLM (telephone line monitoring) turned on. If you will not be using the communicator functions, you have to turn them off by entering programming, turning off option 7 in section 015, and option 1 in section 380.

Old 07-05-10, 08:45 PM
Okay. I have looked for the instructions on how this is done but have not been able to locate them on the internet. It certainly doesn't sound fun to reset everything from the beginning, but I have to. Do you have any ideas on website/manual for this?

Old 07-05-10, 11:42 PM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Try here:
Panel Guides

This sites asks for a name and passcode but it's still under construction and you can just navigate to what you want to download without signing in. I have no idea when they'll start requiring registration or if they plan to charge, so if I were you I'd save the download and print it out.

Let me know if that works.

Old 07-06-10, 09:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Before you default the panel, try the default installer codes. Either 1555 or 5555 (155500 or 555500 if the panel is set for 6 digit codes).

To enter Installer Programming, press[*][8](installer code). If it accepts the code, the Program and Armed lights will turn on.

Enter [0][1][5].
The Ready light will come on, and the zone lights will indicate the selected attributes for that section. If zone 7 is on, press [7] to turn it off. (This disables the telephone line monitor)
Press [#] to save and exit that section. Armed light will turn on.

Press [3][8][0]
Check for zone 1 light on. Press [1] to turn it off. (This disables the dialer)
Press [#][#] to save and exit main programming.

Press[*][6][4] to run a system test. Trouble light should clear automatically.

Old 07-06-10, 05:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Here, look at this websearch result page:

DSC PC1555 installation manual - Google Search

Old 07-06-10, 07:57 PM
In attempting to turn off the dialer, something went terribly wrong and the system armed itself on the away mode, erased my access code and the master access code, and will not quit going off. Nothing will reset it. Any ideas?

Old 07-06-10, 08:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Try the 1555/5555 installer codes or the 1234 default master code. I'm not sure what you did. If these don't work, you might be forced to default the panel at this point.