Unarming a Lynxr Series

Old 07-13-10, 11:56 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unarming a Lynxr Series

My neighbor gave me this ADEMCO Lynxr system some 4 years ago and it has just been sitting in a box. Disregard the unarming question. I got the code.

My want is to have this thing set up to call me if it is tripped. If this model isn't capable of doing this without using some home security company. Can it be used w/out a company having it call me instead?

Anybody?

Last edited by The_oops; 07-13-10 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-13-10, 06:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you read your manual, you will find that the Lynx series has a function called "Follow Me"

"Follow Me System Report Format
Options 10-13 send reports to the primary phone number, in a format defined in Field *48, and sends voice message to the secondary phone number entered in Field *42.
The message is a repeatable system status announcement. If the manual paging option has been programmed in Field *87, the message will repeat “system, system…..”.
The message can be terminated by pressing any key on the telephone keypad."
In my copy of the manual this info is on page 19 of the installer manual.

Old 07-14-10, 08:35 AM
T
MrRonFl,

Thanks, I am punching buttons. My problem revolves around knowing how the interface works. If I am actually in "programmer mode" and if so how to proceed, that kinda thing. I believe I was just in as both lights were flashing and when I hit *99 I popped back to normal.

Let us say I was in programmer mode and want to change the primary number which is "*40". I then simply type my phone number for instance, *40 443 555 1212. Is that correct?

I see that I am to hit the "*" button to complet that field. Right? I noticed it seemed to jump to the next field after typing "*". Is this true? If so, I am gaining understanding.

I take it the display only shows two numbers at a time?

Looking at the Follow Me command it will display or say a message if I set it up correctly. Would I then leave *40,41, and 42 blank?

Frankly once it is up my want is for this thing to call my cell phone. I do not need a message as nobody would be calling me from that number if I was away. Once I get that far I'd fine tune it as my understanding of the interface develops.

An off note, I can build a house from the ground up or a computer for that matter. But learning these little gadgets is a nightmare for me. I am happy with my progress so far. And a big THANKS Ron.

Old 07-14-10, 01:31 PM
T
Ron,

On further reading the manual is becoming less and less Greek to me. I am pretty sure I have an understanding now.I am able to navigate and understand. My one trouble with the "Follow Me" is that I get and "EE" even after I try programming the *49 as prescribed. Going to test it out using the primary number. We'll see. Happy to be getting somewhere.

best,
oops

Last edited by The_oops; 07-14-10 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-14-10, 06:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If your Lynxr was originally an ADT unit, the follow me feature may be disabled. If so, then you may have to use the "pager" programming

The thing with alarms is that they are _not_ intuitive, and every brand (and in some cases, like the ademco clone models; every model) are different, so there is no generic answer. You have to slog through the manual and get a grasp of the programming logic.

For ademco design panels, yes, the * key is essentially the enter key for most things.

*41 is primary phone
*42 is secondary phone
*40 is for a PABX access code(office phone system access code, in a residential install you will never enter anything there...)

Old 07-16-10, 08:40 PM
T
Partial success Ron. I do have it calling me on the primary which will serve me. I now can fiddle and try and add a few new sensors. Years ago I was looking into the X10 stuff. Totally cool that this unit is compatible. Feeling much more in control of my property.

Oh, a question:
Concerning the Follow Me command. The book says, "The LYNXR will first transmit reports to the Central Station and after receiving its kiss-off the system will dial the secondary phone number and begin transmitting the voice message."

kiss-off <-- does that mean end call or that the Central Station will send a command back to the alarm system? I am thinking the first.

Old 07-17-10, 06:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
"Kiss off" is a specific tone that a central station receiver sends back to the alarm dialer to acknowlege that the data sent has been received. Without receiving this tone, the dialer will report failure to communicate.

For the X-10, remember, the unit is compatble, but there is a special transformer that has to be used for the system to be able to do this. A former ADT install probably has the standard, non-x-10 transformer.

You have to look carefully at ADT branded hardware. Over the years they have ordered their hardware with some features disabled, and others hard coded so that they cannot be changed. Really, what you need to do is to go through the programming line by line using the view command (# + location number instead of * + location number).

Again, you will find that using the pager programming to call your mobile phone to be more useful than the primary dialer settings.

Old 07-22-10, 04:23 PM
T
Hi Ron,

Have not been able to get past the "EE" on *46. I think as I read that the company blocked it as you suggested. I think I read in one of your posts that if you use a software package to "talk" to the machine you can fix that. Is there software out there?
I know you say the pager setup is the way to go. Just no luck, yet.

On to possibly an easier question. I have two motion sensors. I bought new batteries for them. When I arm the system I can do jumping jacks in front of them but they'll not trigger the alarm. Nor do I ever see the red led light up. I am pretty sure they are programmed in as if I open the motion sensor case, tripping the switch, the alarm sounds. Thoughts?

Old 07-22-10, 07:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
ADT has their own version of the downloader software, and they don't share. In any case, the alterations are made at the core of the programming firmware (no, there's no flash upgrade...)

Wireless motions have an battery saving routine that locks out trips more often than a couple of minutes between.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: