Simon XT - LCD Touchscreen Not Responding (at times)

Old 08-09-10, 01:19 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Simon XT - LCD Touchscreen Not Responding (at times)

*Sometimes* when I enter the house through a delay door the LCD Touchscreen is beeping and has the code entry screen displayed (as expected). However, I type in the *correct* code and the alarm is not disabled, the delay continues... Also, sometimes, when I hit the Arm button then the Arm All button on the LCD the alarm does not get armed, again this is only sometimes.

For each time the LCD misbehaves I can click the keyfob and arm/disarm reliably.

Any ideas as to why this might be?

Old 08-09-10, 08:22 PM
G
Originally Posted by Ciege
*Sometimes* when I enter the house through a delay door the LCD Touchscreen is beeping and has the code entry screen displayed (as expected). However, I type in the *correct* code and the alarm is not disabled, the delay continues... Also, sometimes, when I hit the Arm button then the Arm All button on the LCD the alarm does not get armed, again this is only sometimes.

For each time the LCD misbehaves I can click the keyfob and arm/disarm reliably.

Any ideas as to why this might be?
Might be out of calibration...(buttons aren't "lined up
right on the screen)...power touchscreen down, then back up and hit the "Calibrate" icon on the touchscreen...

Old 08-10-10, 08:40 AM
C
Rebooted. to see if it will make a difference.
Don't think it was calibration because the correct buttons visually depressed when clicked.
Hmmm....

Old 08-13-10, 10:08 AM
C
Just FYI. After the re-boot and re-alignment, this issue does still occur at times.
Luckily, Safemart has agreed to send me a replacement and has agreed that this is a defect.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: