Multiple RF keypads on a Vista 20p system?

Old 08-25-10, 12:15 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Multiple RF keypads on a Vista 20p system?

This forum has already answered several of my newbie questions and is a valuable resource, thanks in advance for all involved.

I have recently installed a Vista 20p with two RF keypads (one 6160RF and one 6150RF) all wired zones work as expected but am having trouble attempting to install the first wireless device (a 5894PI motion detector.)

I'm guessing this problem may be caused by incomplete setup on my part. The 6150RF is defined at address 17... other than that the settings generally remain at their default values.

Can someone help point me in the right direction? All help is greatly appreciated.

designerX

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-10, 04:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Nope, the problem is that Vista 20p only allows 1 wireless receiver on the system. You need to disable the wireless receiver on one of the keypads.

Old 08-25-10, 07:54 AM
D
Ok, thank you. It sounds like I spent more than needed on getting two RF keypads.

I disabled the receiver on the 6160RF (RECIEVER=0) and must have additional problems because both keypads are telling me to check 24 (The 5894PI is registered on zone 24.)

Zone 24 only has the 5894PI motion detector registered and has ZT=04 P=1 IN=3 (RF) and the serial number appears to be correct.

The batteries in the motion detector are new (doesn't necessarily mean they are in great shape.)

I powered down the panel and powered back up. All was fine for about 5 minutes until check 24 appeared with keypad beeping.

Any thoughts on what to check?

Last edited by designerX; 08-25-10 at 08:50 AM. Reason: added some info
Old 08-25-10, 09:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Delete the transmitter and enroll it again. Having the two receivers means that it probably didn't learned into the system properly.

Also, if you had the receiver in the 6150 set to address 01, change it back to 00. The _only_ valid address for the wireless receiver is 00.

Old 08-25-10, 02:25 PM
D
Thanks MrRonFL. I deleted zone 24 then programmed the motion detector again (back onto 24.)

Then powered the panel down (and removed battery) then powered back up. With the alarm unarmed/off and the 5894PI 3ft away from the 6150RF... after some time (seems like a few minutes) the keypads start beeping and display Check 24. entering my code will stop the beeping but will not clear the 'check' message.

Unfortunately I do not have any other wireless devices at this time. The cover appears to be pressing the small tamper switch as expected.

If the new batteries are weak would it act this way?

I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with the 5894PI. I bought it off the most popular auction site under the claim of new with no box.

Thanks again for taking the time to help a complete stranger.

dX

Last edited by designerX; 08-25-10 at 02:26 PM. Reason: attempted to make more readable.
Old 08-25-10, 07:22 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
These transmitters have a tamper switch that is active if they are not attached to the wall. So if you are still handling it loose, that may be the issue. They also send about 60 alarm transmissions each time the cover is removed, so you may simply not be waiting long enough for it to settle.

Did you get the installation instructions for the motion?

Old 08-25-10, 07:36 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I can't help with your problem. But what you are talking about is one of the reasons I quit buying most electrical, electronic items off the E place. Last time cost me $25 and several hours aggravation just not worth it. I returned item without tracking and it mysteriously got lost in the mail, so no refund. Hope you have better luck. JIm