Simon XT ver 1.3 sensor tripping question

Old 09-29-10, 07:38 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Simon XT ver 1.3 sensor tripping question

Just testing out a new Simon XT ver 1.3 system...like it so far. I think I have followed the many excellent suggestions and help in this forum. Have tested the sensors in various groups with various other settings to get a feel for everything. We're just wanting it to provide us alerts to our cell phone while away from home, which is working great.

One thing I haven't been able to get successfully.....will the door and motion sensors ever give us multiple alerts when they are repeatedly tripped? So far, I get 1 phone call the first time one trips, then no further calls when tripped after that. Have waited for an hour after the first sensor alert to give them time reset or whatever.

What might I be missing? Thanks for your help!

Old 10-01-10, 08:44 AM
R
Another question.....

If you were to have 2 Simon XT systems in your house, one running silently (no alarms, beeps, chimes etc), well hidden, with phone calls enabled... and the second system running with sounds and no phone calling....can the various door and motion sensors be programmed into both systems? Would both systems recognize each sensor being tripped, and would any sensor be recognized and reported more than that first time when tripped?

Thanks again!

Old 10-01-10, 11:00 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Most modern systems have a "swinger" or "runaway" prevention feature to keep a single zone from sending repeat alarms.

In the case of an XT it's called "swinger shutdown" and prevents the same sensor from sending more than one alarm in a single arming period. You can turn the feature off in the reporting options menu.

I've never tried enrolling the same transmitter to two different receivers. I _think_ it would work. These are not bi-directional devices, the receivers are passive receivers.

Old 10-01-10, 12:13 PM
R
Thank You! That's what I missed...right there in the manual of course...duh!

Figured this would be useful info while rushing home to meet the police that the bad man was still inside....assuming he hangs around that long :>)

I think I'll order a 2nd system, cheaper way to get more sensors, keyfob and spare parts it seems.

I'll post how these 2 systems behave with each other.

Thanks again!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: