simon xt v2

Old 12-03-10, 10:23 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
simon xt v2

well i finally upgrade my alarm system, well the installers did the work. my old was basic but did its job great, just no remote features, no voice, no wireless, no web features. its nice how the simon xt v2 functions and i really like the phone call in to remote enable or disable the alarm

but as usual i have a few issues

anyone know how to dim the lcd and keypad or have to turn off after a timeout? its just too bright at night. customer tech support said "no". i read a good idea on window film tint on the lcd screen. the keypad is still too bright. i wished the whole keypad was like my old one, just had one green inactive led or one red alarm led....

in my old system, i had a flashing red led light in the garage to tell me the alarm was active. i have nothing now...i could drive into the garge and if i open the door, i could set off the alarm if the No Delay was on...i know cuz i already did this once.
any idea to get this working again, a remote status light?

in the old system, haha, the outdated remote control keyfob was able to open my garage door...my new keyfob is just two buttons, alarm on, alarm off. i see other keyfobs with more button options. is it possible to upgrade to a different remote keyfob and be able to remotely open my garage again...the technicians disconnected my old alarm but they use the existing wiring for doors, windows, motion sensor. so my old alarm is dead, my old remote is dead, my garage door remote is dead..need to use new remote to open garage door.

when i set off the alarm one day, the siren of the simon xt is weak, you could not hear it outside the front door...in the old system, the siren is loud, its still there and the wiring also...trying to get the old siren to work. any ideas.

and last but not the least, i like the voice when a door is open, gotta keep watch on the kids. but the beeping plus the voice was just too much. what to do for just voice but no beeping.

thx

Old 12-03-10, 02:17 PM
G
No way via the panel to dim the LCD display...you could get RF keypads in the bedroom and move the main unit..

You can wire the same red light in your garage to HW1 on the control panel. Then go into programming under "System Options" menu and program "HW1" to "2", this will cause the light to come on when the system is armed.

You can use the * button on a 4 button keyfob to activate an X-10 universal relay module which wires into your garage door opener. You'll need the Simon 3 X-10 transformer to make this happen.

For more siren "noise", you can either hardwire a siren to the motherboard, or use an x-10 powerhorn siren(s).. (need the Simon 3 X-10 transformer)

For voice and no beeps, go to "Siren Options" and either turn down the status beep volume, or disable status beeps completely...

Old 12-03-10, 09:01 PM
P
Thx geguy

I do have the touch panel. I may move the other panel into the closet exactly on the other side of the wall where the old alarm can is. And put the touch panel in its place but then the voice will be gone inside the closet and so will its small siren

Well i have a few more items i want to add or change but let me get first part done

Thx again geguy

Old 02-25-11, 08:34 PM
P
Hello
I have just received my Simon 3 x10 transformer and a x10 universal relay module
Now after reading some of the manual, do i replace the existing transformer and use the new x10 transforme. Is this correct?

Then im stuck. I dont know how or where would the keyfob * key would tell the x10 relay to trigger.

Also would i be able to trigger the x10 over the phone with the select lamp On option?

Plz help. Thank you

Old 02-26-11, 04:49 PM
G
Replace the old transformer...

You need to get into programming and go to the Lights menu, then Sensor Activated Lights. Then select the keyfob to trigger light number X (X being whatever your relay module is set to). You don't need to tell the system it's the * button, it just happens...

Yes, you can trigger over the phone...# plus whatever the unit number is to turn it on. * plus the unit number to turn it off....

Old 02-27-11, 07:12 AM
P
Thx

I did just that and it works great. Phone remote works good too.

Now im going to wire in the HW1 to power the "alarm on" in the garage.

Has there been anything new with zwave without going thru alarm.com. Looking into some form of communication of my alarm thru my homeseer pc. I could just get another x10 to tell homeseer and have it also look at HW1. So when the light in garage is ON, homeseer will show that. I can see homeseer anywhere with the iphone

Old 02-27-11, 07:09 PM
P
Originally Posted by GEGUY

You can wire the same red light in your garage to HW1 on the control panel. Then go into programming under "System Options" menu and program "HW1" to "2", this will cause the light to come on when the system is .
geguy,
I dont have "system options" under Programming so i cant enable HW1 to 2. Is there another installer code other area to look into.
I have version 1.3.

Thx

Old 02-27-11, 09:31 PM
G
Are you using the master code? That won't work...You need either the installer or the dealer code.

Old 02-28-11, 01:09 PM
P
yes im using the master code. i tried using the default installer code but its not letting me thru. im going to have to call the monitoring company. hopefully they know what im talking about and dont need a technician to do this for me.

Old 02-28-11, 06:05 PM
P
Geguy

I got the installer code and change to hw1 to 2. But i got nothing. Multimeter read less than 1 volt dc. I tried arming doors windows but no voltage after arming.

Btw, i accidnetally set the alarm off when i opened the keypad. I was to measure voltage from the hw1 terminals. When the sirens were going off, the display was dimming

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: